Working Bedlingtons 2005

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One of mates beddy types ?

A couple of digging lads that go to the meeting have been out with Cain this season,the FMWTC meetings where often a place that some found advantageous in sourcing stock,days in the field,like minded

Tango mid 90's Dam of Yogi

Posted Images

took my beddy out for a weekend group hunting on wild boars, he worked greatly till the moment he decided to fight a boar on his own in the halfpipe full of bushes, small tries... he was badly injured, now he looks fine, after the operation, he d be out of business for a month, f..k foxes started to go underground

swanseajack what s barney breeding? milly is the best bitch i ever seen

took my beddy out for a weekend group hunting on wild boars, he worked greatly till the moment he decided to fight a boar on his own in the halfpipe full of bushes, small tries... he was badly injured, now he looks fine, after the operation, he d be out of business for a month, f..k foxes started to go underground

swanseajack what s barney breeding? milly is the best bitch i ever seen

Barney is the result of an accidental mating between my old lakeland/bedlington bitch Bron back to my Whippet cross dog Gantry...

if you think milly is smart...you should have seen tango.

For you Bobby... Tango, not the best of pics

aat-1.jpg

that tango`s one crackin lookin dog was it a good worker? i notice its got a good top line was it a lakeland /bedlington hybred

3/4 bedlington 1/4 lakeland..... excellent worker, hell of a good nose and was 110%, if there was one to ground you'd know before you even took her off the lead, she'd be turning cartwheels and screaming down the entrance... one of the hardest bitches I've ever had... overly hard, she would take unecessary punishment and be off for weeks on end...

I thought it might have a touch of lakland in it , i know what you mean by unnessesary punishment i had a laky bitch that only had one gear FORWARD it didnt matter what it was that dog would not back of this was her undoing. out for a walk with the missus and 2 terriers laky bitch and a parsons russell one saturday morning, nice safe place then of they shot down the hedge i ran after them as my 6th sense said this would be trouble and it was a nice new badger set and they were in there i tried to call the little baskets out but no chance phoned home and got the boy to bring the spades but everything went quite i couldnt hear them i called and called but nothing . then made some calls and got some of the lads over with there dogs and locaters we put in another dog with a locater on hoping to get a bearing but nothing so we trenched out where i thought they were still couldnt find them so i made sure all the holes were open and left an old coat behind and at 10pm we called it a day i returned the next morning clled them nothing my mate arrived with a mini digger and we set adout working our way into the sett, we tor that set to bits looking for those dogs and still found nothing then i let my young lakeland pup have a run aroundand she marked a spot we had dug out so we started again gently digging around were she marked and broke into soft earth and as we pulled it back i came across the parsons buried infront of him and slightly underneath was my bitch smashed to bits locked onto an old boar all three were dead it looks like the parsons was trying to get in on the action and the tunnel collapesd burying them i was gutted i loved that bitch , i have no regrets about destroying the set as i had to know what happened to them we back filled it all and the badgers have moved back in so we now give it a wide berth very wide in fact. that little dog was the hardest dog i have ever know in all my 40 plus years of having dogs and yes that little mutt was special the heart of a lion!!!!

i still have a copy of the e.d.r.d when she won the welsh...do you know anything about that dog solo ?

Solo was a dog owned by Steve from Ammanford heard some good reports about him, think he was descended from staleys stuff with a bit of black dog in him, not quite sure....

Whens a bedlington terrier not a bedlington according to some silly tart in the pub my bedlingtons a dandie dimont and she know s whats she talking about as her old man has salukis ha ha. god what a augument we had its about time all proper bedlington owners started to promote real bedlingtons and not the ridgeback show crap everybody thinks are proper bedlingtons or do we rename them rothbury terriers????

Whens a bedlington terrier not a bedlington according to some silly tart in the pub my bedlingtons a dandie dimont and she know s whats she talking about as her old man has salukis ha ha. god what a augument we had its about time all proper bedlington owners started to promote real bedlingtons and not the ridgeback show crap everybody thinks are proper bedlingtons or do we rename them rothbury terriers????

:hmm: OMG!....

Can't wait to see the answers to this question....

Rothbury!!! :hmm: