bull x whippet

lakeland92

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My 2, litter siblings. Dam Bull, Sire 3/4 whip x 1/4 grey ( Non ped scratch whippet ' Bigland Boy '           Like I've said before, they have their faults but they'll do for me

best thing i did was make a trip for this dog. i bought it as my lads first dog when my boy was 13. midnight off here bred him. a little toppa he has being.

dam whippet bull grey sire jp whippet bull 22 tts 19mth

Posted Images

My 2, litter siblings. Dam Bull, Sire 3/4 whip x 1/4 grey ( Non ped scratch whippet ' Bigland Boy '

DSC_0263.jpg

DSC_0272.jpg

Like I've said before, they have their faults but they'll do for me ;)

Very nice mate. They've thrown very bully. What are there faults out of interest?

Like I've already stated really tbh bud. Every dog has faults ( Whether you like to see it or not ) It's just if you can live with them or not. My 2 are quick enough to catch daytime rabbits but it is a good run for them, plus they're relatively short in comparison to many lurcher's My dogs are still pets, live in the house and cuddle on the sofa with the kids. I couldn't have them any other way but that's just me. That's the nice side of the Bull ;)

Like I've already stated really tbh bud. Every dog has faults ( Whether you like to see it or not ) It's just if you can live with them or not. My 2 are quick enough to catch daytime rabbits but it is a good run for them, plus they're relatively short in comparison to many lurcher's My dogs are still pets, live in the house and cuddle on the sofa with the kids. I couldn't have them any other way but that's just me. That's the nice side of the Bull ;)

Sorry fella I didn't realise it was you who posted that decent post earlier on.

:thumbs:

Surely whatever breeding you decide to do or take on you must always look for worst case scenario in physique and character ? In my limited experience in training Bull X's I have found they are very headstrong when they want to be and will walk all over you given any opportunity. Can be as stubborn as your Mrs when you've had a row and obviously the tenacity isn't always such a good thing. Not the most intelligent of breeds but can and will think eventually ! Not always great around other dogs and tend not to back out of any situation and also not to scared of cover. It's nice to see your dogs smash into cover but worries me every time I watch them do it. Rabbits will sometimes come back a little bit like jelly from the soft mouth of the Bull side but this will come into it's own if you go to Ireland on the reds.

BUT they are as loyal as the day is long, will turn their hand to anything given the opportunity and normally be pretty good, take a knock or 3 without having to be laid up for weeks, aim and fire them no matter the size and they'll give it 100% I also personally like that they want to work for you rather than themselves, not all the time but a very good majority of it.

i that could of been wrote for my dog mate. very well put and very true. :yes: not only of the bull cross but any well bred terrier cross :thumbs:

Good on ya, looks like he's got a decent size in the back leg for his height along with a good length of back ;) No matter what he's better of with you than where he was by the sounds of things :thumbs:

Thanks mate, hope he will work out any way as they say a 'a dog is for life' so he is defo staying.

Archived