turbo & troy

Think this subject has been covered before about the dogs in question , ,and it doesn,t take a genius to work out by whom ,

met a mad yank last year with ken ,think he was undercover fbi ,he was lucky not

getting vaseline applied to him :laugh: ,dee mac might remember as he was with me ,i believe

that man yank could answer all your questions as he was buying everything at the show

ken judged for kevin em ,i thought it was a jumble sale at times ,but he defintley was into the

troy turbo nan breeding ,wasn,t there another bitch held back out of the same litter that died or sent to usa :hmm: ?????????

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

only person who knows that for sure is mr gould himself but be carefull as the old school breeders\dealers are fond of telling you what you want to hear especially when the pound note is in the equati

clean spade come out of your bubble you well know that the most common and consistant workers in most decent digging lads kennells are black dogs or dogs down out of these type of dogs be they red cho

Brightmoore ive sat and read your pointless questioning,the best bitch ever went to the usa was scratch,you already know this. You also have a yard full of dogs off ken gould direct,Gypo,thatch,Ken,a

only person who knows that for sure is mr gould himself but be carefull as the old school breeders\dealers are fond of telling you what you want to hear especially when the pound note is in the equation but the dogs you mentioned were very good dogs and mr gould produced many good dogs and if everybody is honest put the black dog on the map along with a few other breeders but credit must also go to the digging lads who got these terriers and bred them among themselves to work and work only not caring for the pound as these small kennells of dogs all over the country is what has kept the black dog working not like the russells lakie s borders etc that got mass produced for pounds and rossettes with no reguard for there main purpose work so i say keep the black dogs ugly and grafting there s enough pretty pretenders without anymore .

i couldnt agree less. there is as much shite produced from black/red / choc/ patts . as any other breed. :yes: if not more. the blacks had a really good name when i was younger. they had a name for early entering. this they did and in fine style. what wasnt noticed was the fact a large percentage walked off early you could see these one or two season wonders winning shows up and down the country . and getting used at stud to all and sundry .

there are some very good blacks patts. and folk that keep and breed them for the right reasons. but the bulk of your beloved breed are bred for the big names that are falling off the back of there pedigree. and the dogs that won the yorky or midland . and they are everywhere living as pets. getting bred to buy in christmas pressies :yes: .

not so different from where i stand than any other breed bred for work. only a small percentage are owned by genuine working dog gents. ive seen worked and worked. dogs from brightmore nuttall gould they was no better than the lad down the roads dogs. makes you laugh :icon_redface: blacks are no better or worse than any other working terrier. and the biggest name to damage the black terrier is. BLACK :D .

LONG LIVE THE WORKING RUSSELL :yes:

• Like 1

Seen the bitch a good few times,she was 1st class wee bitch,was there when her owner retired her and on that dig she proved how good she was,really up against it she stayed til we got her out. Stuff outta her seems to be doing well atm.

i never dug to the nann bitch but have dug to 3 pups of hers this year all steady at there work but one dog pup has a real touch of class about his work every time iv been lucky enough to see him dug

Think this subject has been covered before about the dogs in question , ,and it doesn,t take a genius to work out by whom ,

met a mad yank last year with ken ,think he was undercover fbi ,he was lucky not

getting vaseline applied to him :laugh: ,dee mac might remember as he was with me ,i believe

that man yank could answer all your questions as he was buying everything at the show

ken judged for kevin em ,i thought it was a jumble sale at times ,but he defintley was into the

troy turbo nan breeding ,wasn,t there another bitch held back out of the same litter that died or sent to usa :hmm: ?????????

oh i remember alright jiimmys shop you remember my mate neal that was over he told the said yank to stop wasting his time giving big money to ken for pups as the culls from this side of the water would be plenty for the type of work he wanted them to do and that the digging lads would actually give them to him free of charge i think the yank near fell of his stool and mr gould choked on his pint :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: .from what i can gather the breeding of troy turbo nan etc was not talked about from mr gould even the lads that had them and worked them might not even of been clued into as how they were bred but that mattered little as long as they excelled in the field which they did i used troy over our old biddy bitch she had 3 pups two dogs and a bitch we kept a dog and bitch troys owner took the other dog pup and gave it too a lad that was doing a bit with him last i heard it was grafting from early doors the two we kept worked to a good standard both being placed out and both now about 5 year old i never asked about the breeding of troy before i used him as i was only interested in the working side of things and i knew that turbo and nan were both working well so the blood was good plus they were of a nice strong type and to be honest if they were still around id of asked to use them again :thumbs: as for the original question by brightmoore if you have pups that are suppose to be bred that way then get them out in the field and see do they prove themselves as good working animals as papers and so called breedings never put game on the bank thats up to the said dog on the day but you be surprised what info you ll be told if the men behind them hear that they are excelling at there work so be patient :thumbs:
  • Like 1

only person who knows that for sure is mr gould himself but be carefull as the old school breeders\dealers are fond of telling you what you want to hear especially when the pound note is in the equation but the dogs you mentioned were very good dogs and mr gould produced many good dogs and if everybody is honest put the black dog on the map along with a few other breeders but credit must also go to the digging lads who got these terriers and bred them among themselves to work and work only not caring for the pound as these small kennells of dogs all over the country is what has kept the black dog working not like the russells lakie s borders etc that got mass produced for pounds and rossettes with no reguard for there main purpose work so i say keep the black dogs ugly and grafting there s enough pretty pretenders without anymore .

i couldnt agree less. there is as much shite produced from black/red / choc/ patts . as any other breed. :yes: if not more. the blacks had a really good name when i was younger. they had a name for early entering. this they did and in fine style. what wasnt noticed was the fact a large percentage walked off early you could see these one or two season wonders winning shows up and down the country . and getting used at stud to all and sundry .

there are some very good blacks patts. and folk that keep and breed them for the right reasons. but the bulk of your beloved breed are bred for the big names that are falling off the back of there pedigree. and the dogs that won the yorky or midland . and they are everywhere living as pets. getting bred to buy in christmas pressies :yes: .

not so different from where i stand than any other breed bred for work. only a small percentage are owned by genuine working dog gents. ive seen worked and worked. dogs from brightmore nuttall gould they was no better than the lad down the roads dogs. makes you laugh :icon_redface: blacks are no better or worse than any other working terrier. and the biggest name to damage the black terrier is. BLACK :D .

LONG LIVE THE WORKING RUSSELL :yes:

clean spade come out of your bubble you well know that the most common and consistant workers in most decent digging lads kennells are black dogs or dogs down out of these type of dogs be they red choc or what ever there are some lads that have kept the russell lakie and border etc true to the type and breed for work and work only but the chances of obtaining one are slim unless your a close friend or digging partner and the way it should stay in my opinion the days of bringing in a russell without having to question there parents working back ground are gone years ago people kept a terrier for one reason that was to keep vermin out of there yards etc or to work to ground not to try and make them breed champions and pocket fillers take a look at the craze there was a few years back tea cup russells people were breeding them as small as they could get them and people were queing round the block to buy them but i ll bet you ten pound to a penny not one of them was bought with work in mind look at the border now commanding big money with most only a shadow of the dog they used to be i know that some are starting to try and push the black dog down this road by flogging them to every corner of the globe but most decent lads have now copped this on and stick to kennnells were the dogs are worked and bred only for work unfortunately the russell is beyond repair and the days or the small white terriers hanging about the streets that would go to hunt with anybody that was going and do a good days graft are long gone i think the older boys call them the good ol days !ps if you have a working russell of a high standard then fair play and make sure you try and produce some more with it as i ve seen some good russells work in my time but not for a good few years now and i kennell one in the morning if i could get one plus it would take the dark look of my kennells :laugh::thumbs:
  • Like 4

dee mac. we will have to agree to disagree. to many messers with black dogs. .they keep them . becouse they is black. :D and i agree the intelligent little russells from yesteryear are few and far between :thumbs: working mongrels. and none the worse for it. there is one or two good lads with blacks around me allso to be fair :laugh: :laugh: . sorry for the hijack lads and i would also like to see a pic of turbo or troy. :yes:

lads the yank ye ar slagging off that was at our show is a gentleman and is recovering from cancer at the moment i didn think it was a crime to look to buy pups im sure the money wood of came out of his pocket and not yours

i dont think anyone was slagging kevin infact i think it was all tongue in cheek at mr goulds expense if you read it again. hats off to him for making the trip over and i found him to be a nice man with a good interest hope he makes a speedy recovery :thumbs:
  • Like 1