• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here is mine mate  

but i do like a good russell.though.     best of both worlds

from a bit back and one my lad has his name on

Posted Images

Same as every breed you get good un's and bad un's but to be honest i haven't seen any other terrier come close to a plummer for a general all rounder,i've ratted and bushed and even had a few digs along the way with my plummer bitch and have ratted with a few others and although we have caught good rat numbers with other terrier types the plummers have always showed a bit more something and have never been second to reaching their rat.I only have 1 plummer now and 2 russells but next year for sure i'll be adding another plummer as i do miss that extra something when mooching and ratting that the plummers i've seen can add.

• Like 1

Same as every breed you get good un's and bad un's but to be honest i haven't seen any other terrier come close to a plummer for a general all rounder,i've ratted and bushed and even had a few digs along the way with my plummer bitch and have ratted with a few others and although we have caught good rat numbers with other terrier types the plummers have always showed a bit more something and have never been second to reaching their rat.I only have 1 plummer now and 2 russells but next year for sure i'll be adding another plummer as i do miss that extra something when mooching and ratting that the plummers i've seen can add.

thanks mate very helpful :thumbs:

Im in the Plummer camp mate. Mine is 8 months now and very capable working cover. He has a cracking nose on him. Iv just come back in from a mooch with a mate that has 2 russels. They put a fair few rabbits out between them and managed to nail one themselves. Cant beat them for bushing. Im on the look out for another.

Im in the Plummer camp mate. Mine is 8 months now and very capable working cover. He has a cracking nose on him. Iv just come back in from a mooch with a mate that has 2 russels. They put a fair few rabbits out between them and managed to nail one themselves. Cant beat them for bushing. Im on the look out for another.

Sounds good the more I hear the more I like cheers mate

Alot of people dont like them mate. You only have to do a search on hear and there is a few threads about them. All of which are made up of people slagging them off as the breed in general are not known for there earth work. Iv also noticed that most have the lads that slag them off have never owned one. Each to there own i say. But for what you want it for they are hard to beat IMO

Alot of people dont like them mate. You only have to do a search on hear and there is a few threads about them. All of which are made up of people slagging them off as the breed in general are not known for there earth work. Iv also noticed that most have the lads that slag them off have never owned one. Each to there own i say. But for what you want it for they are hard to beat IMO

Yeah people slag of dogs that's a norm I'm glad to hear something about them I'll do a search on here cheers mate :thumbs: