Coursing in Spain or Portugal

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stop portraying the Spanish to be monsters. They are hardly going to kidnap his dog and torture it for their amusement. I also lived there and I didn't see any signs of coursing dogs being killed. Spa

Helen,what you may have trouble believing,ignorance and prejudice seems far more reasonable to a closed mind,the vast majority of hunting folk not only detest but find no common ground with these sort

Right, I am trying to organise a trip out there. Just trying to find some contacts. I would be interested in running the dogs privately or in a competition depending on the rules to whether lurchers c

any links to the videos mate?

You probably seen these before as they are on youtube. The Television station tve often have hare coursing on during the day. There was a bar I used to go to regularly and it would be on the tv's. A lot of older guys like to bet on it much like greyhound racing.

It's mostly northern Spain though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BfKe2Tf7U8

• Like 1

The Spanish torture to death, the authorities say 50,000 the rescues say about 100,000 coursing dogs a year in the most barbaric ways imaginable. Look on You Tube under Galgos. I'd steer clear if you like dogs.

Well, it's the same as what they say about us over here. All people who work dogs are cruel and sadistic.

Just another way of trying to stop people enjoying coursing.

You sound like an anti to me and I see you have never posted any topics.....

Edited by Richie10

A favourite way to kill the dogs at the end of the hunting season is to put a stick in their mouths to keep them wide open and then leave them to die of thirst or leave them hanging by the neck with only their back feet touching the ground, they take bets on which one will die first. Or they are burned alive or thrown down wells. I lived there I know what I'm talking about.