T.B In terriers

nellie was put to sleep on tuesday ,lost one of those once in a lifetime dogs and gutted,the symtoms in the beggining were a irritation cough this was not a bad cough just a bit of a hac now and then ,my wife whos been with a vetinary practice as a nurse for 16 years took her in they found nothing when they scoped her throught exept some blisters on the tongue , they also blood tested her but you cannot detect t.b through a blood test so this came back negative,they went on to scan her chest were they found some shading, this was when they opened her up and found her lungs and kidneys covered in legions ,a sample was taken and sent to london for annalasis a result can take up to 8 weeks for a negative test , after 2 weeks we got a positive test but will still have to wait for more culturing for them to tell us the strain [up to eight weeks]. nellie went down hill rappidly in the last week of her life so i took her for her final walk on monday night and after only a short way she sat down and needed to be carried a dispicable end for my most talented warrior

• Like 1