coursing bred whippets??? wheres the thread gone?

The thread was rapidly becoming a bitch fight about if you work your dog properly it SHOULD be marked up, because whips haven't got the right coat / thin skin to take the knocks required for a working dog.

Not my thoughts by the way as my whip does get marked up as she's a nut job behind something, but she heals and not lasting marks are visible after time.

Bryan.

Thats a load of bunkem anyway, my bitch is marked up to fook but from crashing into fences and hedges, nothing to do with what work she has or hasnt seen.

My dads got a pet doberman that is smashed to bits from just being a nut job when off the lead, never done a days work in her life. Equally i know a few lads whos dogs are barely marked but have done a lot of hard graft.

Dont judge a book by its cover :thumbs:

• Like 1

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's ridiculous to pull a thread just because the member who started it got banned,it shows a big disregard and disrespect for the other members who had posted.

will stick this pic up again might aswell start the topic again lads, was a good read! heres my bitch

Also the dog of iworkchiahuhas . . . .. . . . split personality me thinks . . . .

Posted Images

I never seen the original thread unless it was started a good while back. But coursing with whippets started seriously (organised) early 60s with many different lines taking part over the years. Lagunas obviously (alot of sooty sam early breeding is from coursing stock), nimrodel (colonel walsh used favour this line) Moonlake from the 70s madison moonlake 3x winner nichol cup changed to moonlake in his honour, Chyton (copy press from moonlake breeding one of only two show and coursing champs other = Sound Barrier), Jimanica started from lagunas / sound barrier in 70slast winners of moonlake cup 2005 , Banatay started from Jimanicas in 90s, Tony dents line (whats behind the masque, skylarks majestic etc ) started from Banatay and special little rat sooty sam x gorwyn glissando) so you can see there is a progression through years. Many other dogs and affixes as well with some show dog blood to retain conformation ch Welstar red robin one of the top producing sires and some race blood as well.

• 2 weeks later...

OLD COURSING RESULTS FROM W/NEWS

THE WOOLLEY WHIPPET COURSING CLUB

FIRST OFFICIAL COURSING DAY 12TH OCTOBER 1976

The day started very slow, the wind and rain at the start did not help. Hares were big and very strong after such a dry summer and, in most cases the whippets were carrying a fair amount of weight and were not as fit as they will be towards the end of season. Nevertheless, they all ran very well.

What a pleasure it was to see Mrs Whittingham,s LAGUNA LINTINO back to her usual brillant self, when john cooper slipped Mrs Robinson,s -- I'M QUICKEST ( winner of the woolley cup ) and LAGUNA LINTINO in the final of the church farm stake, judge ron monk had no trouble giving his verdict. It will be very intresting to see the progress of these two very good coursing bitches. As the season goes on, either of them could be in a few more finals.

The clubs new member Mr K Bramleys bitch ALLGARTH DOLORES was drawn against Lady Mary Horsburgh-porters ---WATER NYMPH- another very good whippet for coursing--and had ALLGARTH DOLORES not came base over apex, she could have won her course . WATER NYMPH was withdrawn later after running three 'no courses'. I am afraid members are showing there dogs too many rabbits and are stopping at hedges.

What a suprise members had when, after call for lunch had gone, they had eight courses from a standing position, hares and whippets coursing in all directions.

Lunch was served at Hazel Cottage and 33 members sat down to a fist class lunch prepared by Hon ,sec's wife mary.

After lunch ,the card was finished at Whitleather Lodge and club funds up by £4 after some trails.

The winner of the Rookery Farm Stake was won by , LIMELIGHT RAMBLER ,, runner up was TWIGGEN WATER NYMPH

The winner of the Church Farm Stake was won by, LAGUNA LINTINO ,,runner up was I'M QUICKEST

The winner of the Veteran Stake was won by , LAGUNA LAURAINE,,,runner up was KARYANNUP STRIKER

DAY TWO

The second day with the Woolley was yet another success; David Green was the judge with John Cooper slipping. Only a few yards was covered when john slipped LIMELIGHT RAMBLER and BEN OF KNOSSINGTON on a very strong hare and , to everyones suprise, BEN OF KNOSSINGTON lead up and was never in any danger.

Again that very good bitch I,M QUICKEST , was in the final with BEN OF KNOSSINGTON ,,for the Frank Farrington Challenge Trophy.

I'M QUICKEST lead from the slips turning hare but eased up and BEN got the "go bye " and again was never headed.

Our new member Miss Joy fisher also had a good win in a match with her WIRRAWON FLEEM. What a start in a club first time out----still, as they say in coursing, it,s the luck of the turn.

The going was mixed , some plough, grass and stubble. Hares were big and strong,,,33 members and friends sat down to cold chicken and ham ,,with fresh fruit salad at Hazel Cottage, and are looking forward to the next meeting.

Here's a pic of a Whippet, (Blue Prince), that I had in the late 60's, early 70's. 21" and around 35lb. He raced on saturday and sunday, and wednesday evenings in the summer. He also worked most days on hares and even took the odd roe;

blueprince-1.jpg

Cheers.

HE LOOKS A REAL UN CHARPS ATB BUNNYS..

Here's a pic of a Whippet, (Blue Prince), that I had in the late 60's, early 70's. 21" and around 35lb. He raced on saturday and sunday, and wednesday evenings in the summer. He also worked most days on hares and even took the odd roe;

blueprince-1.jpg

Cheers.

WOULD HE BE FROM BILKO HENCE SWIFT HAWK MOSSFIELD MARGARET . ATB BUNYS

blueprince-1.jpg

Cheers.

WOULD HE BE FROM BILKO HENCE SWIFT HAWK MOSSFIELD MARGARET . ATB BUNYS

No mate, he was Blue Boy X Zarwood, local bred dogs. I did have dogs from Bilko, Blue Peter, Darley Fly, Haymaker, Yorky Boy, Blue Fawn.

To me, the greatest Non-Ped ever was Daisy, by Bilko, out of a greyhound called Frozen Kill. She was the greatest Scratch Dog I have ever seen, and I was lucky enought to slip her, and her brother, Robbo, on a hare, and she murdered it !

The dogs today are doing faster times, but Daisy simply won every race she ran ! My brother had a 32lb, 18" bitch by Yorky Boy, out of a grey called Pinky, she was tremendously fast for her size. her litter brother, Kojack, won the All England Scratch Race, and killed hares for fun ! Those were the days !! LOL !! :thumbs:

Cheers.

• Like 1

how did the dog fare on holding them down as ive seen a few small lurchers pre ban that were very keen to get them on the ground but had a struggle keeping them there cos of the lack of size and strength

As I said mate, he only had the odd roe, he was mainly a hare dog, and he did very well on them. He had a decent racing career and won plenty races, including being runner up in the British Open, which had well over 100 dogs running.

Cheers.

• Like 2

will stick this pic up again might aswell start the topic again lads, was a good read!

heres my bitch

post-73318-0-98340000-1353286897_thumb.jpg

Is that your mates dog? A lad called FTBBTH on here?

yeah its my buddy FTBBTH, whats up you jealous?

Only just seen this reply. Your buddy. Lol. What is there to be jealous of?

• Like 1

will stick this pic up again might aswell start the topic again lads, was a good read!

heres my bitch

He is FTBBTH but he got banned so made up two new accounts!

why he would think anyone would be jealous of a 16 year old kid is beyond me

heres my bitch

He is FTBBTH but he got banned so made up two new accounts!

why he would think anyone would be jealous of a 16 year old kid is beyond me

Haha, I knew that, just wanted him to bite. He was on here for months as FTBBTH showing the same photos he shows now...

He should be banned again IMO, beats the object of banning if they can just rejoin under another name, he was obviously banned for a reason...