advance netting

theobob47

ok bud the nets red ,did'nt get a price on 4oz he was sold out,i use a 75 yard 4oz net already ,got the 6oz to try ,see if its better than the 4oz,if it is then going to get another 100 yard 6oz and cut the 4 and make 2 ,25 yard nets and couple of stops,or go the other way if the 4oz is better,atb rob

Have you tried the nets yet mate?. Which do you like best? Did the advanced netting have a selvedge on and how big is the mesh? Thinking of trying some 4z.

to be honest mate hav'nt got round to it ,its been one thing after another,weathers been crap so hav'nt set the 6 oz up and when its been good i've been out with ferrets and inbetween that i've had the flu,but will pull my finger out and get the 6 oz set up,got to learn how to repair nets now as my 4 oz has got a couple of holes ,the advance netting net did,nt have a selvedge on and the mesh is 2 1/4 in corner to corner,atb rob

Lifelong,,, the 10z sheetnet and 4 z I have from advanced have a salvage on,,, are you sure it's not double stranded where the running lines are bob?

I'm certain most machine made sheet has salvage on,, cos there for the fishing industry ,, and where we have a 2 mil running line they have 10 mil or something blue nylon rope,, so need the strength.

But I stand to be corrected,,, best ringing him lifelong,

The confusion may occur where the selvedge is the same materiel as the body of the net. The only nets I have ever seen without a selvedge are reject nets that have been sold cheaply. Ropeseller on ebay was selling them. As Tomo rightly states all netting that is used for rabbiting is made for the fishing industry.

TC

iv just ordered 100yrds of 4z today it should arrive on tuesday not a bad price £25.20 with vat + postage + packing

Think i will try some of that 4z, ring on monday i think.

iv got a 25yrd net made out of 4z i bought it of tiercel off here its a really well made net i was looking to buy a 50yrd net off him but hes not making them at the min then i seen this post about advanced netting so i thought id give them a call i was suprized at the price of 100yrds £14.50 without vat i just hope its as good as the one i got of tiercel ill let you know what its like when i get it on tuesday atb pal :thumbs:

iv just ordered 100yrds of 4z today it should arrive on tuesday not a bad price £25.20 with vat + postage + packing

iv got a 25yrd net made out of 4z i bought it of tiercel off here its a really well made net i was looking to buy a 50yrd net off him but hes not making them at the min then i seen this post about advanced netting so i thought id give them a call i was suprized at the price of 100yrds £14.50 without vat i just hope its as good as the one i got of tiercel ill let you know what its like when i get it on tuesday atb pal :thumbs:

I also have 4z netting from tiercel, i think it is the best i have seen. I also have 6z masterhunter net, while it is good i much prefer tc's 4z. i also contacted him first but as you say it is not available now. will just have to try the advanced netting as see how it goes. Thanks for the info mate.

I dont know if his calculator is playing up but £14..50 + 20% = £17.40 when I was in school. that sounds ridiculously cheap for a sheet of netting. :hmm: How many meshes long are the sheets 900 or 1800? I have bought off Advanced in the past but most of the sheets had selvedges missing and some even had holes in the nets. check the netting over when it arrives is a good idea.

TC

I dont know if his calculator is playing up but £14..50 + 20% = £17.40 when I was in school. that sounds ridiculously cheap for a sheet of netting. :hmm: How many meshes long are the sheets 900 or 1800? I have bought off Advanced in the past but most of the sheets had selvedges missing and some even had holes in the nets. check the netting over when it arrives is a good idea.

TC

the total cost was £25.20 with vat and postage iv just been on the phone with the bloke and he says there 850 meshes long is this good or bad ill definatly will be checking the net as soon as i get it for damage and missing selvedges atb pal