Beddy x Whippet Heart Attack???

Don't know mate. The ones I knew were all unrelated too. There were varying degrees of severity though. Two of them had to stop work and retire to pet homes. The others weren't worked to a great degree so it never curtailed their lifestyle. I'd be interested to know if anyone else has come across this in them as I've often wondered if it's a Bedlington thing or if I've just come across 5 unlucky individual dogs.

never heard of it been around bedlington crosses for a good 40 years seen a good few worked hard to so i would think your mate was unlucky with his and any sort of dog can have a heart attack at any time if it is born with a poor ticker atb

• Like 1
Guest long-tail

brother had a saluki/grey with a bit of collie a good few years back dropped dead with a heart attack while running a hare.she was around 3 or 4

had one myself do the same thing,the nature of the game we are in and the work theyare required to do will weed out dogs with any kind of health problems dont think its type related personaly could happen to any of them,although stabs comment might get me thinking on it