tortoise

Haha imagine its a tall tale but you never know mate off mine has one over here had it for 20 years lives in his garden digs a hole in winter an hibernates and appears some time in the spring think that's a rare example of how hardy they can be you would be surprised how deep they can dig

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Needs sunshine, you better stick it on. Flight to Ibiza

Its dead

Tend to go soft from people feeding them crap like cat meat to make them grow quicker need more minerals u can by powder to go on the food but has to be good quality greens and they need uv light so b

Like someone has already said not enough sunshine.You should really know these things if you choose to keep these animals

Thanks for all the replies, and i am getting there, to cut a long story short, the tortoise was bought for my daughter who had an accident about 6 months ago and was killed, she looked after him

I wasnt the main care giver, So i didnt really have a clue to be honest

Has you can imagine my life was turned upside down and im only now getting back to soMe sort of reality, yes its my fault the tortoise is ill, he has been for a calcium shot earlier this week, and ive received some great advice of members and the vet, i have improved his diet, also was using a normal house hold bulb and i have now changed that for a uv one, sorry if i sounded like i didnt care but i honestly didnt have a clue and the above comment wasnt really helpful,

So now i hope i can care for him like my daughter did , thanks again

Edited by kia

Like someone has already said not enough sunshine.You should really know these things if you choose to keep these animals

Thanks for all the replies, and i am getting there, to cut a long story short, the tortoise was bought for my daughter who had an accident about 6 months ago and was killed, she looked after him

Has you can imagine my life was turned upside down and im only now getting back to soMe sort of reality, yes its my fault the tortoise is ill, he has been for a calcium shot earlier this week, and ive received some great advice of members and the vet, i have improved his diet, also was using a normal house hold bulb and i have now changed that for a uv one, sorry if i sounded like i didnt care but i honestly didnt have a clue and the above comment wasnt really helpful,

feck me this threads gone quiet all of a sudden :icon_redface: good luck with the little fella Kia.

• Like 1

sorry to hear that mate,my apologies for taking the piss

maybe i should have put the full story up but i didnt really want to, and thank you , i didnt take your reply to heart, i was expecting the piss take to be honest. but thank you

• Like 1

Sorry for being so blunt and i hope everything works out well.Just thought it was like all the other ive got myself a dog how do i look after it threads on here.