wild boar

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Always get a chuckle when Poms start talking about pig hunting. I grew up with it and still go every now on the My son just walked back in from a weekend catching pigs here in aus we use just about an

Thats not fact, thats fiction mate, Ive lived in Oz for years before moving out to UK. I can safely say that many many dogs are single handed boar stoppers, and a heck of a lot of them will go for the

Beast:   My bully/cattle dogs  

Posted Images

Gotta say I like a good dogo but...

, been to hunt with a few in Europe but were a waste of time in the field with about as much GO as a pomeranian!!

However

I would be just as happy with a good UK bred Bull/grey, if an allround pig catcher is what you need, they are pretty much ideal.]

Tusker

I would love to see if this lad could hold when he matures abit

007-8.jpg

Thats a rough n ready looking mutt mate, whats his breeding? Theres no reason why he couldnt work boar, are there many in Ireland, is that where your from?

Tusker

He is 1st x wheaten terrier /pit bull ,there are a few in Ireland now,starting to take hold in certain areas

this is the Dam,,June

006-12.jpg

Sire Tozer

post-21594-0-92054500-1321206647.jpg

Edited by lurcher330
  • Like 1

I would rather have a go at this !!!

http://youtu.be/AqouXFdTV0w

i dont call that hunting.........would sooner give them the sporting chance what they deserve and put a few dogs behind them.......

people quoting all these strong dogs to hold them ,.............but on open ground they got to catch them first ,.,...and wild pigs motor

• Like 1

there is a bifferance between a wild boar and a wild pig. A huge male wild boar No dog could stop it.

i agree , but a few dogs will..

I'm gunna keep my opinions to myself as I've never hunted boar but from the documantries I've seen on them I wouldn't slip on them. :thumbs:

there is a bifferance between a wild boar and a wild pig. A huge male wild boar No dog could stop it.

i agree , but a few dogs will..

I'm gunna keep my opinions to myself as I've never hunted boar but from the documantries I've seen on them I wouldn't slip on them. :thumbs:

you no more than me about them and i think i will shut up aswell as ive only seen it on the you tube lol............. ;)

• Like 1

007-8.jpg

Thats a rough n ready looking mutt mate, whats his breeding? Theres no reason why he couldnt work boar, are there many in Ireland, is that where your from?

Tusker

He is 1st x wheaten terrier /pit bull ,there are a few in Ireland now,starting to take hold in certain areas

this is the Dam,,June

006-12.jpg

Sire Tozer

Nice dogs got a pic of the pups??

I agree. I was going to say that the boars I have seen in Spain would swallow a wheatenX and probably a Bullhound.

The biggest I saw was literately 5 mins from where I used to live.

I was taking the dogs for a walk with the missis. My Lurcher, Pointer and 2 Rottweilers. My pointer went off into the bushes on a scent and I presumed he was on a Hare or Partridge. He was gone for a few moments and then came bolting out with his tail between his legs. I looked at him confused and thought maybe he came across a feral dog or something.

All of a sudden out of nowhere the the biggest wild boar I have ever seen came running out of the cover and came straight for me and my Girlfriend. When I say big, I mean big. It's back was close to my shoulder.. My dogs didn't even give us chance to run. They were straight inbetween us and went straight for it. I tried calling them back because I have seen the damage the tusks on these things can do to a dog. The dogs chased it off over the mountain. The Rottys were biting at the back legs and my Lurcher and Pointer were running along side it trying to go for the neck. I was calling them back but they werent listening.

I ran back to the house and grabbed a couple of the shotguns and jumped in the jeep. I couldn't find them. About 20 mins or so later all of the dogs came running back, extremely out of breath and alive! I couldn't believe it. I really expected one of them to be dead. My pointer had a big open wound on the side of his ribcage and that was the only thing wrong with any of the dogs. They were lucky.

That was probably abnormally large. But they are around.

Here's a couple of good videos of the Spanish hunting. 1st one with dogs. 2nd mostly shooting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3qpXiyjhPw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DNKrBIeDQSE

Edited by Matt3699

007-8.jpg

Tusker

this is the Dam,,June

006-12.jpg

Sire Tozer

Nice dogs got a pic of the pups??

this was the litter

post-21594-0-22741100-1321208524.jpg