french dog

Shina if you want to see a pure bred there is a kids movie titled "because of winn dixie" starring a picardy.

...and they became popular in the States because of that film. The pure gene pool was tiny after WW2: I heard they added husky to widen the gene pool, though it is officially denied. The Picardy lurchers certainly like to run..and run......and run :tongue2::laugh:

In all seriousness, they are quite driven dogs with great temperaments, though not overly fond of strangers. My OH's big male is a very good guard dog and although heavily built he can snap up rabbits no problem. Tough as old boots and the majority seem to have a willingness to tackle most jobs.

Shina if you want to see a pure bred there is a kids movie titled "because of winn dixie" starring a picardy.

...and they became popular in the States because of that film. The pure gene pool was tiny after WW2: I heard they added husky to widen the gene pool, though it is officially denied. The Picardy lurchers certainly like to run..and run......and run :tongue2::laugh:

In all seriousness, they are quite driven dogs with great temperaments, though not overly fond of strangers. My OH's big male is a very good guard dog and although heavily built he can snap up rabbits no problem. Tough as old boots and the majority seem to have a willingness to tackle most jobs.

penny

not wrong there mine as put 10 years on me.

ATB rich

http://en.wikipedia....i/Berger_Picard

There is someone breeding them as lurchers, crossed with Greyhounds. Tough dogs with good feet, drive and hunting instinct. Not the fastest in the world as a first cross, but plenty fast enough for most game though preban they wouldn't have had the gears for fen long ears.

My OH has three: this is the one that looks most like the Picardy. Very clever on the lamp.

post-5156-0-53485100-1351110867_thumb.jpg

Any more pictures please of the x

There is someone breeding them as lurchers, crossed with Greyhounds. Tough dogs with good feet, drive and hunting instinct. Not the fastest in the world as a first cross, but plenty fast enough for most game though preban they wouldn't have had the gears for fen long ears.

My OH has three: this is the one that looks most like the Picardy. Very clever on the lamp.

picardy x berdie greyhound

SDC10090.jpg

ATB rich

Edited by long dog

picardy x berdie greyhound

SDC10090.jpg

ATB rich

That dog looks like who ever is taking that picture does not get the camera out off its face there going get it

This one is smooth: he has only just matured at around 3 1/2 years old, physically that is. He was a bit 'solid' in the photo taken in the summer at 2 years old, but has now fined down a bit. He is a heavy old lump at just under 26", but very fast on the take off and can run forever, though his top speed ain't nothing special. Very determined dog with a good kill attitude. Stick a rough coat on him and he'd be the dead spit of his sire.

post-5156-0-34623700-1351497311.jpg

post-5156-0-66541900-1351497334.jpg

The latest my OH has got is just Picardy and Greyhound, no Beardie in at all, unlike the other two. They seem to be a slow maturing type, and though they are not for me (I just don't click with their temperament, not that there's anything wrong with it) I can see that they are useful animals: their toughness is just one of their good points.

• Like 1