help on locating fox

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Get a battery alarm clock ... Tie string around the batteries and other end to your chosen bait... When Charles takes the bait battery pops out and the clock stops ..then you will know what time to si

Yeah I mean what sort of moron would think of a idea like that, never mind who wouldn't realise he was taking the piss??? Lol lol lol

True mate or get a trail cam set up to see what time its coming

just secure your stock. if you kill one they will just keep coming........and coming ............and coming.

if you want to get rid of a particular culprit try traps or snares. or sit in the cope with a gun and be prepared for a long wait.

True mate or get a trail cam set up to see what time its coming :thumbs:

i only wish i could afford one lol :tongue2:

£150 with the security case http://www.uttingsou...-119436-119653/

is that all :icon_eek: thought they were double that. cheers mate :thumbs: . beats waiting for it to snow to work out the run of the sneaky begger.

They normally are, shame our shoot already bought 2 as I could of made a nice profit :cray:

• Like 1

Not to many usually seen a couple cubs run over last 2 months so by the looks their could be a fair bit of breeding takin place this year round so I'm thinking it could be more than one fox,not that ino of mate jst local with the odd hunting dog,a stake out mite be taking place soon I think :D

• Like 1

Get a battery alarm clock ... Tie string around the batteries and other end to your chosen bait... When Charles takes the bait battery pops out and the clock stops ..then you will know what time to sit out for him/her... I prefer pigeon as bait... Hope this helps

• Like 4

Get a battery alarm clock ... Tie string around the batteries and other end to your chosen bait... When Charles takes the bait battery pops out and the clock stops ..then you will know what time to sit out for him/her... I prefer pigeon as bait... Hope this helps

Nice tip make .simple but effective i like it :thumbs:

just get a dead chicken or a pigeon and stuff it with slug pellets leave that out for him , next morning have a mooc h around he ll be dead not to far away

All very good untill someones dog dies or worse still your dog.

DO NOT AGREE WITH THIS METHOD AT ALL.

Most of the time a fox will just take away the food and bury it somewhere. it's so easy for your dog to find it later then it's too late.

WHAT A BAD PIECE OF ADVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Couple of Novembers ago a man rang me looking to have a fox sorted out. Local genius' had already made him lamp shy, twice, just to make sure, so he was impossible to get at night. Cheeky fecker got nammed at five past one in the afternoon, so he could also be coming during the day. The man I shot him for used to let out his hens and ducks later on a Saturday as he'd be at the mart in the morning, so he was in effect training the fox to come at that time which is just what happened.

On trail cameras, there is a decent camera called Scoutguard, one will cost around €107 delivered to the door. They are the 550 model but they're labeled wrong on ebay, they are IR so no flash, and no noise from the camera either which is good. Plus they're just a tad bigger than the palm of my hand which makes them great for hiding.

Another way is a cage trap through your chicken run... So nearly all the cage is in the run.. Make sure he cant get through the sides( as i found out to my cost lol )Charles thinks he has a tunnel straight through... We catch a hell of a lot on our laying field like that... I use a catering tin of tuna as bait with holes punched in to let the oil out... One tin lasts a laying season... Tie it to top of cage...