squirrel feeder

made a little squirrel feeder from a flat piece of wood nailed onto a fence post yesterday and place into a nice spot in my local wood. put some monkey nuts and corn flakes on it and checked it this morning and saw a big fat squirrel feeding away on it. so the plans coming together nicely and hopefully if i keep feeding this week, ile be able to set up a hide and get them with my air rifle. ile keep you updated on my mission :thumbs:

• Like 3

i been thinking of making a squirrel feeder there very shy on my perm straigh into the holes in the trees before i get close!

so are cornflakes a good 'bait' i dont want to be spending a small fortune on free food for these little tramps haha

also the more i leave them undisturbed feeding daily will it pay off and build there confidence up?

cheers SKoT

i use corn flakes because there only 31p for 500g at tesco and they seem to work but i use other nuts aswell just in case e.g. peanuts or monkey nuts. as for your second quesion i feed them 2 times a day and the foods always gone the next time i go so they dont seem to be disturbed. :thumbs:

i made a big box affair. like a giant bird box, with a flat piece of plywood for them to sit on and feed. it works a treat, even when there is leaves on the trees. ive nailed it to a tree bout 6 ft off the ground so they feel a bit safer. then i set up about 30 yards away, in full cammo and wait. they always approach from above. never along the ground. so i get plenty of movement in the tree tops as they are coming in.

076.jpg

074.jpg

• Like 1

I made a feeder out of plywood. Mine has a small hole at the bottom of it which lets wheat out. I place a small stone in the hole to stop birds eating the wheat, and if the stone is moved i know there are squirrels about again. I also built a nice hide 13yrds away. It's got a nice leather seat in it with a foot rest and sheves to put my tea and biscuits on. I have had 36 in about 4 months, 2 of them this week. Got the idea off of a guy calling himself 'squirrel hunter' on Youtube.