Update on the jill I found

I thought I'd give you all an update on the Jill I found a few months ago.

I must admit she's quickly become my favourite stinker, she's the calmest most placid little thing I've ever seen and will even come to me when I call her, but obviously I needed to know if she would work so I tried her out this afternoon for the first time.

I went to a small warren built under a couple of telegraph poles in the middle of a field that I could manage easily on my own, netted two holes at one end and sat the dog at the other to wait for any bolters then slipped her in.

20 minutes later she reappeared after killing one underground and bolting 2 that the dog caught, so 3 rabbits in half an hour means she'll be the first out of the box from now on,

To say she was a lucky find is an understatement, and I'm well chuffed.

Nice one she looks like she will be staying at yours then :laugh:

Definately, lol.

She had a litter of 2 hobs and a jill a week after I found her and I kept the jill back thinking she would have the same temperement, but she's turned out the polar opposite of her mother. At the minute I wouldn't dare try her because it would take me an hour to get her back, she thinks it's a game to have me chase her round the garden if I let her have a run about so she;s a work in progress at the minute. :laugh: