Picking up Money

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

£25, but I see it as a bonus to a great day working my dog. It's not about the money money money.

Of course the first thing is working your dog but its nice to be appreciated on the day too. When i was dishing out beating money it was £30......i just wouldn't ask anyone to come out for any less th

I don't do it for the money because to be honest i could make more doing other things. I see a days beating as a day away from it all having good craic with a bunch of mates and building up a few brow

All my dogs are steady alimac i dont have any on leads not like some pickers up i know tripping over the leads all the time they wont even walk to heel unless theyre on a lead ive been in the beating line with all my dogs and theyre all steady as a rock unlike other pickers up i take pride in my dogs

There's talk on a shoot I beat on of paying beaters with dogs more than beaters without, any views?.

I also remember years ago where shoots didn't allow beaters without dogs (it has changed now though).

Interesting to read the gung ho attitude of some of the guys on here who employ and have employed beaters, must be different in the south, up here I know of instances where keepers are frantically phoning around the night before trying to source beaters.

Like I said earlier the good shoots paying fair money don't seem to have this problem.

There's talk on a shoot I beat on of paying beaters with dogs more than beaters without, any views?.

I also remember years ago where shoots didn't allow beaters without dogs (it has changed now though).

Interesting to read the gung ho attitude of some of the guys on here who employ and have employed beaters, must be different in the south, up here I know of instances where keepers are frantically phoning around the night before trying to source beaters.

Like I said earlier the good shoots paying fair money don't seem to have this problem.

I had considered paying folks with dogs more than others but it would be dependant on me choosing as to whether the dog was worth paying for pretty soon you could find folks will bring any old pot licker and expect to be paid not so sure it is any different for shoots in the south re beaters all I know is my book is full till the end of the season guess it must be something other than the £25 that brings them back to me :D

• Like 2