try to roast one thats easy to skin. or a three parts grown. i marinate my rabbits in olive oil garlic and rosemary. over night . then pop them in the oven on 150 for about an hour and a half maybe two hours. (foil on top) . maybe a couple of pieces of bacon.

the slow cooking keeps the meat tender

I tried honey roast rabbit and it worked pretty well. A bit like a chickeny peking duck really.

After washing and patting dry the rabbit, I scored the animal all over and rubbed sea salt and ground pepper into the surface. Then smothered it in honey, half an hour later I rubbed more honey in and did this another couple of times.

Roasted in the oven for about 40 minutes at about 170c, the glaze worked a treat on the bunny - sweet, crispy and at the same time succulent. Very nice. Another time I'd probably add some herbs, maybe some cayenne pepper - but worth a go! Delicious with parsnips roasted with maple syrup and petit pois, maybe some colcannon mash.

Edited by The Duncan