Wildcat moderators ( or opinions on any others)

Hello lads I'm thinking of putting a mod on my 22-250 iv been looking at the wildcat 8 and it's the only mod except the t8 that iv seen and handled, does anybody know the difference in the wc 8 and 12? Also any experience with other moderators and reviews of them? Iv had a look in the search bar but can't find very much on the topic, cheers.

In my experience the wildcat is ok and have used it along with the T8 and ASE utra northstar on .308/.243 and 22-250.

The advantage with the ASE Utra, is the size, being so much smaller.

ASE also make another model that extends away from the muzzle which is also small, and I think it is called the Tactical, but out of all of them the Utra is my favorite.

Sorry I forgot to add, I think the only difference with the number on the wildcat is the length of the mod.

So are they not any better than each other with sound have you heard mate? It's mostly a lamping rifle so weight is an issue but isn't the most important thing I know the wildcat can be taken to pieces and fully stainless so really should last forever but noone I know has tried any other models just before I spend my cash.

In terms of noise reduction you won't tell the difference, and the Utra is a one piece like the T8.

It comes down to personal preference though and I prefer short and sleek, if you can call any of them that.

If you do have a look at the Utra, check the thread because the one we had fitted was not interchangeable with the thread on another rifle for a wildcat. That might be though because it went on a new rifle we didn't stipulate what thread we wanted.

The wildcat is fat like a drain pipe the 12 is massive, T8 has good sound reductiong but is heavy , ase is lighter and shorter.

Bloke in Scotland is selling a t8 on BBsAirguns for £100 and a ASE s5 is on Stalking directory for £200

Careful if you buy a second hand t8 they rot like pears from the inside,you wont go wrong with a PES t 12 I have one on the .243 brilliant sound reduction stainless steel construction.

Got a wildcat predator 12 fitted to a 243. The good part about wildcat moderators are you can tailor them to your own requirements as you can change the blast tube length which goes over the barrel. The 4,8 or 12 is a refference to the number of baffles fitted etc. The down side is they are abit on the heavy and can unbalance the gun.

Hi i have 2 Wildcat p8 compact mods compact is the shortest, they are on a 223 and a 243 both reduce the blast very well, if a part should break wich has never happened on mine you can just replace the part and not get a new mod. If you go on the UK custom shop site it will tell you what you need to know or give them a call. Atb Woodydog

Ok cheers lads the pes looks good and narrower but it can't be stripped properly can it? The wildcat can be bought in separate parts and going by the website you can buy a calibre tube so it should be easily swapped between calibres so long as the threads the same and the screw on par at the back another one is bought if the barrel is a different thickness. I'll need to try find stockists see if they have any in stock to have a look at

Edited by grant_c