Bitch in season.

Took my beddy/whippet out last night for a shine and it was very disappointing :no: . Her success rate was right down and only mangaged 4 rabbits out of 15 runs, normally she hits a good 50% plus.

She also hunted up alot after the lamp was switched off, which she never normally does. She's normally straight back to me within seconds.

She is in season so I was wondering if this had anything to do with her being out of character? And should I leave her next outing until she is over her season?

Does anyone run their bitch in season? And if so do they act any differently?

Cheers

Steve

Does anyone run their bitch in season? And if so do they act any differently?

Usually a lot more hot headed when in season. If obedience not spot on, and even then they can run amok, the hunting on thing is quite common. Plus, don't know how it was where you live last night, but light as day here with a big half moon. Dogs more likely to run on when they can see what's around them.

Cheers Penny,

The moon was coming and going but we were forecast wind & rain (which never really came) so I thought I'd get out and give it a go. The fields were a bit on the light side but think thats always going to be the case in this particular spot due to light pollution from surrounding buildings.

I'll give her the benefit of doubt then this time.

But should her success rate be affected? I still had a few far out quatters that should be bread and butter for her but they all seemed to get the upper hand on her.

Birddog - do you have a link to that thread you mention or even the title of it - can't seem to find it anywhere and would like a read.

i think it was called 'running a bitch in heat' from around the end of august

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/topic/259071-running-a-bitch-in-heat/page__hl__%2Bbitch+%2Bin+%2Bheat

• Like 1