Ferret help.

Went to my vets in June as my Ferret Maisie had a lump and acting funny, and they diagnosed her with Lymphoma, and told me she would prob only live a couple more weeks- a month. She's still with me quite lively but I can see her lump in her belly is becoming more uncomfortable and know it will be right to get her pts soon.

She's got a cold now as she is getting run down with the illness. She has been sneezing so much she has got a nosebleed. Her nose is so blocked she is struggling to breath. I have brought her inside, given her some warm bedding. Is there anything I can give her to make her more comfortable? Painkillers or anything?

I've booked her in with the vet to get get either antibiotics or have to be pts. But they couldn't fit me in until 4.45pm so feel sorry for her until then, hoping there might be some human medication that might help her.

Personally I'd turn up at the vets this morning and just try insisting that they fit it in to pts, it'll only take 2 minutes. Either that or phone round vets that are a bit further out until you find one that can fit it in this morning.

Don't prolong it pal by giving it further medication or whatever, all you'll be doing is lining the pocket of the vet, it doesn't sound like it's got any chance of pulling through so do the right thing.

• Like 1

Hold ferret around chest in left hand with head towards your right side, hammer in right hand (hold the hammer head). Bring hammer stale down in one swift movement on top of head and follow through.

If your ferret is suffering then there's no issue with doing it yourself.

Hold ferret around chest in left hand with head towards your right side, hammer in right hand (hold the hammer head). Bring hammer stale down in one swift movement on top of head and follow through.

,,,,,,,some can do it theirself tug,,but others im sure cant bring themselves to do it mate,,id personally not do it,,,,,not avin a pop at you and your advice is probably sound for those a bit harder to the world of ferrets,,,,but no doubt the other softer ones of us couldnt bring themselves to do it..me included

,,,,,,,some can do it theirself tug,,but others im sure cant bring themselves to do it mate,,id personally not do it,,,,,not avin a pop at you and your advice is probably sound for those a bit harder to the world of ferrets,,,,but no doubt the other softer ones of us couldnt bring themselves to do it..me included

I'm not "hard to the world of ferrets" fella, I cried like a bitch for about an hour when I knocked my own jill but it had to be done. Hardest thing to do, but the easiest decision to make.

She'd chewed a hole in a rabbit pelt and then wriggled into it, spent the whole night stuck in it just like a castration band. When I found her in the morning her arse and back legs were a balloon of black blood. I cut her free and she started fitting with toxic shock and she was squealing in pain.

Digging a hole with tears in your eyes is heartbreaking.

I'm not "hard to the world of ferrets" fella, I cried like a bitch for about an hour when I knocked my own jill but it had to be done. Hardest thing to do, but the easiest decision to make.

She'd chewed a hole in a rabbit pelt and then wriggled into it, spent the whole night stuck in it just like a castration band. When I found her in the morning her arse and back legs were a balloon of black blood. I cut her free and she started fitting with toxic shock and she was squealing in pain.

Digging a hole with tears in your eyes is heartbreaking.

jesus!! I'm glad I didn't see that, feckin awful!!!