Couple of knife blanks

Hi guys have these couple of knife blanks available good prices need to raise some funds towards the forge

So here's the 1st a nice Damascus blank I will polish it up and re etch before posting £25 posted

null-7.jpg

And the second is a nice blank I got of Matt a while ago £25 posted

null-8.jpg

Atb rob

come on guys these are great blanks , rob took the risk of getting a proper heat treatment on the damascus knives (dangerouse with the pakistani damascus ) and all the problems assosiated with that where sorted . any warps have been ground out and the one that did crack has been shortened so that what is left is strong and stable . we even reshaped the tangs to fit our larger hands (inians must have miniature hands) and the one i made with the "prawn" handle is a great knife only 3 ever made one i gave to my fatehr in law (a full time wholes sale butcher) who said it was the most comfortable knife he had held even tho it looks like it wont be and has actualy taken it to work and is now used there for dejointing sides of pork !! thats not a bad statment is it ?

as i say i made 3 of those ,one i finnished and 2 that rob had off me and this is the only one that is left !

batchknives011.jpg

far left with buffalo horn . and robs one looked alot better than mine .

Come on guys grab a bargain this is how the midnight blade can turn out with the right woods and bits

null-6.jpg

Atb rob

I hope over the next couple of weeks to have the 1st full made by myself RK Knives available

I have a nice design that I've come up with and the proto feels great Matt has seen it

Atb rob

come on guys these are great blanks , rob took the risk of getting a proper heat treatment on the damascus knives (dangerouse with the pakistani damascus ) and all the problems assosiated with that where sorted . any warps have been ground out and the one that did crack has been shortened so that what is left is strong and stable . we even reshaped the tangs to fit our larger hands (inians must have miniature hands) and the one i made with the "prawn" handle is a great knife only 3 ever made one i gave to my fatehr in law (a full time wholes sale butcher) who said it was the most comfortable knife he had held even tho it looks like it wont be and has actualy taken it to work and is now used there for dejointing sides of pork !! thats not a bad statment is it ?

as i say i made 3 of those ,one i finnished and 2 that rob had off me and this is the only one that is left !

batchknives011.jpg

i own 2 off that photo :laugh:
  • Like 1

batchknives011.jpg

iv got one of them to use it aqll the time was some good knives , mine is the one with leaf shape blade and paper micarta , i have deliberatly abused the hell out of it and its still a great knife , i have the designs ready to go for laser cutting for a batch of them soon .

batchknives011.jpg

iv got one of them to use it aqll the time was some good knives , mine is the one with leaf shape blade and paper micarta , i have deliberatly abused the hell out of it and its still a great knife , i have the designs ready to go for laser cutting for a batch of them soon .

must admit they are a good everyday knife very comfortable in the hand and hold an edge well :thumbs: