DIY CAMMO AAS410

dscf0133kk9.jpg

dscf0135du6.jpg

dscf0136vj9.jpg

I was sat at home off work with a hernia,and getting bored out of my brains then i saw a post on here where somebody,can't remember who,had put cammo on their rifle.

So i thought feck it,i will try that and here is my end result.

If you have any comments that might in prove it please let me know.

I had to use a gun sock for the scope because i ran out off tape :icon_redface:

I know its too different realtree patterns,but thats what happons sometimes when you buy off a know auction site. ;)

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a good job, but I can't make up my mind if I like it or not though. :hmm: I'm a bit of a purist and like guns in wood and black.

Do you think camoing up makes that much difference ?

I shoot a few crows with my airifle,and as you know they have very good eye sight,and even if i make a hide which i think the crows will not see me,i know the sun will get through and shine of the rifle barrel,as i sit in the hide with the rifle just poking out,to avoid any unwanted movement.I know i could have done just the barrel and silencer but i thought i have plentyof time i will do the lot.

When i go shooting rabbits i get in to a hedge bottom with my cammo on.One day i did this,i had to answer a call of nature,so i left my jacket near the hedge and walk away,on the way back i noticed the rifle stood out a mile againest(spelling) the hedge.While the jacket could hardly be seen.

Plus its stops the rifle getting scratched.

Try cammo on one of your rifles john b,if you don't like it you can always take it off again the tape does not leave any marks. ;)

The gun tape i bought was off that well know auction website.It cost £4.99 a roll,i bought two rolls but when i put the first roll on it didn't look right so i took it off and started again,thats why i did not have enough to do the scope.I might do the bi pod not sure yet because it might get stuck when i try to push the legs back in.

Guest Ditch_Shitter

I think I'm with John on this one, Eddie. I mean, it's a Fantastic job ye've made of it there. When I first examined ye shots I honestly couldn't work out how the hell ye'd done it and wondered if ye were some sort of world class artist or something!

But then, I too am a bit of a Traditionalist and like my guns to look like guns ~ in the more classical sense of the word. Thus I don't really like synthetics and stainless steel barrels either. Nice bit of checkering? Oh, yes! But anything that looks too military or else like yours there now? I think I could admire and enthuse over it. I'd be happy to walk out with ye carrying it. But I really don't think I'd prefer my own rifle dressed like it :hmm:

'Mind you, saying that; I go out on my night patrols here carrying an unadorned rifle and wearing a High Visibility vest! Look a bit of a c*** then, if my gun was all cammo'd up! :rofl:

Oh. Why the vest? I patrol a stretch of pitch black road where vehicles come over hills and round bends ~ and I'm deaf as a post in one ear! They have to see me or I could very easily become road kill! :icon_eek:

a high vis-vest will upset alot of people!!! looks a bit too like a cop at a roadstop.would hate to see one myself coming back from a nights hunting.surely you can spot the old car headlights and side step the cars

Bryan

Thanks for the replys everyone.I know its not to everyone's tastes,i like to see a rifle looking traditional,but i use this rifle for pest control .Its a standard 11.5ftlbs rifle so i have to get pretty close my max range is 30 yds,i know people will say they shoot out to 40-50yds with a standard airifle,and well done to them, i wish i could hit quarry at them ranges but i have not been shooting airguns that long so i am not confident yet over 30 yds and i will not risk wounding just to see if i can do it.So i will keep practising on paper targets till that time comes.So if the cammo gives me the edge to get in close then it would be worth all the time and effort i put in.

DITCHSHITTER.I am no artist all it took was a couple of rolls of tape,a pair of scissers and a lot of patience something which i sadly lack,lost count how many times i through the roll of tape :laugh:.BIGEDDIE. ;)

PS have i spelt cammo right is it two m's or one :icon_redface:

Guest Ditch_Shitter
a high vis-vest will upset alot of people!!! looks a bit too like a cop at a roadstop.would hate to see one myself coming back from a nights hunting.surely you can spot the old car headlights and side step the cars

Bryan

Quite a few people wear them round here Bryan. I always have my rifle shouldered on its sling (unless I'd be lining up for a shot, down into the fields below. Heh! As If! :laugh: ) and across the back of my vest is emblazoned PEST CONTROL. I feel that that, coupled with the fact that I'm well recognised round here by my distinctive 'Ossie Army' hat, should take the edge off most peoples consternation at meeting an armed prowler along this particular road.

Actually, as ye mention it; I was coming home in the taxi one dark night when we came upon two parked motors. A chap was talking to two youths and the taxi driver slowed for a look. The guys were on my side. To my absolute Horror, I saw the man was wearing a side arm! :icon_eek: Small piece and in a fully covered holster. But I still don't mind admitting I said to the driver; " Tom; that f*cking guy's armed! F*cking DRIVE!!! Get me out of here! "

Tom explained he was a Garda Detective and that they carry side arms? Jeeezuss! Scared me to f*cking death!

I am not confident yet over 30 yds and I will not risk wounding just to see if I can do it. So I will keep practising on paper targets till that time comes.

:clapper::clapper::clapper::good: