quick set basket.

I have had quite a few people pm me for measurments of my baskets so i am putting them on here rather than sending them all the time. just for anyone that is interested not after a debate.

img021-1.jpg

I ust a drill bit either 11 or 12mm to tack bars on for slots depending on the poles used, i use 11mm for 9.8mm poles. I also weld a strengthener on the bottom of the slots underneath the outer band. I will add some pics so you can try and fathom it out. hope thi is ok.

bas083.jpg

bas082.jpg

bas081.jpg

bas080.jpg

bas084.jpg

bas078.jpg

bas077.jpg

bas075.jpg

bas074.jpg

bas069.jpg

bas068.jpg

bas067.jpg

bas065-Copy.jpg

longnetbasket013.jpg

longnetbasket008.jpg

nets002.jpg

I use 6mm stainless steel round bar, 1mm s/s sheet for the band and the diameter for the basket rim is to work in with a army laundry bag which can be bought off ebay and can be dyed if you wish although i dont bother. The sizes for height can be adjusted for how much net you want to carry. I tie the bag on with a knail knot on each mesh, takes a while but makes a good job. Hope this is helpfull to those wanting to try one. Thanks.

• Like 2

I havent got round to using the plans you sent me yet as i havent managed to buy one of the ex army laundry bags yet . My mate came over for a drink on sat and said that he wants to convert his to longnets to quicksets so i might see if i can buy a job lot of seven if i can find them again on E bay . Thanks again for the design .

I havent got round to using the plans you sent me yet as i havent managed to buy one of the ex army laundry bags yet . My mate came over for a drink on sat and said that he wants to convert his to longnets to quicksets so i might see if i can buy a job lot of seven if i can find them again on E bay . Thanks again for the design .

ive got loads of them, send me a PM and i'll sort you out mate. :thumbs:

Red

Thats a very smart bit of kit Life, might have a bash at making one myself. does it make the system heavier having the poles further forward? looks like it might add abit of weight to the bottom next to the waist??

Red

No mate, they are perfectly balanced, i put the band on the bottom as when the net is wet and heavier it stops the basket digging into you. I just fill the back slot up with poles first then go onto the other slot if needed, as you can see with the poles being right at the back there is 12" of bag to drop the net into, this makes it very easy to load even when it is windy.

how long did it take you to make that mate?

Takes me about 4 hours to make the basket and 4 hours to tie on the bag, i could do it faster but i would get jigged up for the job, also i like to do as good of a job as possible. Just made a few for my mates and i have 4 myself with different nets in. I made steel ones at first and mig welded them, i tig weld the stainless so takes longer but is a tidy job. If you were making batches of these and you got jigged up you could half that time easily. I was going to try and make one out of thin plywood when i get time, just through interest as i like playing around making things.