barking dogs annying neighbours

we have recently been reported to our local council for our dogs barking, this is rather a long story so i won't go into great detail, i wondered if there is anyone else out there who has had to deal with this problem, and if anyone knows what councils consider as unreasonable, as it seems that may neighbours think any noise is, and are telling porky pies to the council,

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had a lurcher a few years ago that howled like mad, had a few letters from the council and could not shut him up. I gave the dog away to a mate living miles from anyone. That night the counil turned

get your cctv set up watching your dogs , muzzle your dogs up and record it all make sure all the dogs in the area are barking there heads of even if you have to bribe the kids to wind them up then se

BIG T the council s hate it if they know you have cctv they treat dogs as a cash machine nowdays and if you have cctv and can prove thing arn t what they say they hate payin the bill , been there done

you,ll end up with the enviromental noise guys outside your property no doubt measuring the noise pollution from your dogs...its basically up to them if they think your dogs are a nuisance or not..be prepared lol

i'm even considering buying recordable camera's to see if it is my dogs, the council called me today to say there had been another complaint that my dogs were barking between 8-11pm, they were all tucked up in bed at 9 and i didn't here a sound from them, how ever my neighbour on one side does have 9 cav spaniel things that do bark!!!!

its a real issue nowadays but if its not your dogs let them investigate and tell the council there is other dogs on the block, had a issue a couple of years ago the woman complained two doors down and she had 3 or 4 alsations lol in the end the council went away but it can be a real problem,

Edited by bracken boy
  • 2 weeks later...

I had a lurcher a few years ago that howled like mad, had a few letters from the council and could not shut him up. I gave the dog away to a mate living miles from anyone. That night the counil turned up and parked outside all night listening for him to start howling. lol

They waited all night and didnt hear a sound

• Like 1

Got the same, if the dogs make any noise at all they complain. Been going on for years.

Fact is the wife is at home now and they make little if any noise but they still complain.

Let them send the letters, I have offered to be recorded as i know there is no issue with the dogs.

They always say they are going to write down days and times and let me know. However I have never ever received any feedback.

The neighbours always will lie, they used to say they made noise from 7pm when I arrived until 10pm at night. When most of the time I was walking them or they were asleep.

You will also find even though the Council say they are not biased, they are.

A friend of mine had the same trouble from his neighbours and te council put a recording device in the neighbours house to see if the barking was as bad In the end he was in the right neighbour was told to put up with it or buy some earplugs as next no nothing was found on the recording device and he was still complaining

i have been havin this problem for over 12 months now lost count on letters and rspca visits its a joke, i have 5 dogs in my kennels very rare they bark on the other hand the wasters next door have 1 and from the min its in the garden to the min its back in the house all it dose is bark but the letters keep comin to me ive had to result in fallin out with um but its been 3months now since my last letter and ive even offered to put some one up from the council for a week so they can monitor my dogs.

get your cctv set up watching your dogs , muzzle your dogs up and record it all make sure all the dogs in the area are barking there heads of even if you have to bribe the kids to wind them up then send a copy of the dvd to the council and say this is what you have to put up with and point out that your dogs are quiet see dvd and would they be kind enough to send there letters to the people concerned and leave you in peace , if they do give you a noise abatement ntice apeal it staight away you have 28 days to do this if you dont appeal it , it will be there for ever and the minute a dog barks they will then take you to court and make out your some sort of lowlife with hundreds of dogs barking and howling anything to make money out of you, most inportant APPEAL ANY NOISE ABATEMENT NOTICE and get the cctv up it your best defence

• Like 1

Would it matter what time of the day and how long a dog barked?? Had a bit of chew with one of my neighbours. And between me and my lass they are barely left. We have recorded them and its only one dog that makes the noise(more of a howl and crying then a barking. ) and its only [bANNED TEXT] we are out. Which I said is not often. and if we do go out its couple of hours tops