A fox hunt isn't fair leveller but that's a different debate

Guest Leveller

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

have disagree malt lacs targeted hare coursing, Because they had basicly failed to get fox hunting banned in its own right, back in the 60s coursing nealy died through lack of interest a small

GOT A FEW YOUNGSTERS THAT COME OUT WITH ME , GIVEN THE OPPORTUNITY AND REARED THE CORRECT WAY REGARDING THE PLEASE'S, THANKYOU'S ETC PAYS DIVIDENDS..   RESPECT GOES A LONG WAY

There was a topic that's now been locked and a member typed this     It really got me thinking and I'd have to say in all honesty I don't think he's done much hunting or knows much at all about ho

Posted Images

I can see what you are saying and agree to a point. But the simple fact is, for some of us, it's what makes us tick, its just in you, you know that. And some are lucky enough to be able to live it out in the open and up front, with permission etc, but others need to be covert. Its the nature of it all. There would never have been lurchers, if it wasn't for folk wanting to take game from other folks land. It willalways happen.

But its f****d anyhow. Not enough land or game. This country is dying a death when it comes to hunting.

And i do with your points also. I have absolutely no problem with the 'one for the pot' (for want of a better description) people. Half the time you wont even know they have been there.....how it should be. They are not the people spoiling it as you know and as you rightly said....But its f****d anyhow. Not enough land or game. This country is dying a death when it comes to hunting. :thumbs:

Hard to explain this, but to me the type of people who are spoiling it for every one else are not really into hunting for the hunting. They are the people 20yrs ago would have been joy riders (twoc'ing) getting their cheap thrills/adrenalin rushes doing anything illegal. I think sometimes this makes for confusion when someone like Reddawn is on about young lads wanting to start off, and other are visualising the people i have just described.

• Like 2

Can't edit because on silly phone but moll a you said you do it mainly for the dogs the same reason the people that don't have permission.

The most effective method for pest control is a gun so why not shoot?

Dont understand a word of that South, If i do it mainly for the dogs why would i want a gun :D

• Like 1

@moll

did you get all your permission before getting a working dog?

If so who looked afterthe land while you found and reared your dogs ?

you cntribute greatly to thl with your days out but yhat statement is just wrong

No, i did not, i got working dogs prior to getting land albeit accidentally. I just mooched about the place as many did, there was no hunting act then, and catching rabbits on common land was not frowned upon, i can hand on heart say i never deliberately poached anywhere, nor did i think anyone owed me land/quarry because i had dogs.

I can also tell you exactly who controlled the rabbits here before me......NO-ONE :laugh: The keeper nor the farmer had any desire or time. Another place i go to, it was men with air rifles, they went for a while then did not go back.

Anything else anyone would like to know about my own personal hunting life, not that any of it is relevant to this topic or my beliefs/opinions ....i have opinions about the abortion laws, yet ive never had one one or given anyone else one :rolleyes:

Shooting is more humane, quicker, easier and better for pest control.

I love hunting with dogs but it's not the best method for anything but sport. People don't get into dogs for pest control so why would they get permission before the dog - look at corridor as an example. He's startin out because he loves his dog

Don't want to come across as arguing or nit picking by your views should you of gotten your dogs ?

If someone is going out with his dog/s and has a couple runs and causes no damage or takes anything that someone has put down time money etc what is the problem?

yes people that go round doing shit like that don't deserve the right to hunt but that doesn't mean that everyone with no permission shouldn't work a dog or have working dogs

I love hunting with dogs but it's not the best method for anything but sport. People don't get into dogs for pest control so why would they get permission before the dog - look at corridor as an example. He's startin out because he loves his dog

I agree...Never said any different, for me it is about the dogs but i managed to get pest control WITH DOGS to do, the people who had men with rifles sorting the rabbits, did not like guns on the property.....bingo :victory:

There is a huge difference though between people like Crorider, myself and the many other people who got into it accidentally through dogs first, than the people we are actually talking about. People who get hunting dogs to go out hunting with from the off. Knowing they have no-where to go, knowing they will poach.

This thread is getting silly now with every single word spoken being dissected to it's smallest composition :D

Don't want to come across as arguing or nit picking by your views should you of gotten your dogs ?

If someone is going out with his dog/s and has a couple runs and causes no damage or takes anything that someone has put down time money etc what is the problem?

yes people that go round doing shit like that don't deserve the right to hunt but that doesn't mean that everyone with no permission shouldn't work a dog or have working dogs

But you are nit picking, without reading the whole thread properly. If you did you would not need to ask these questions :thumbs:

I did not get my dogs for hunting reasons, never said i did. Had never intentionally killed a worm prior to my first terrier :laugh:

And as i said earlier, i like many other people have no problem with 'one for the pot poachers' But we are not even on about that.

Why should they get permission? I got a dog knowing I would have to poach - stopped me fighting,drinking, taking drugs, selling drugs and much other stuff. I learnt a lot by not having permission for the first several years, stuff I would have never learnt if I had permission. Whether you agree or not it was that poaching that taught me field craft as poaching causes you to be quiet, careful with the lamp and careful whom you take to land you have found. I respect my dogs, quarry and the land in my opinion more because I started out poaching

• Like 1

i agree in most cases but what about injured animals that get away and what happens to them but with a dog it gets caught or gets away and with dogs any weak ill animals are picked up and their disease if contagious or hereditary aint passed on where a god strong healthy animal that gets away will help the population of that animal thats what gets me about people that don't like hunting with dogs as there is a bigger picture but they are blinded by silly sentiment
  • Like 1

Why should they get permission? I got a dog knowing I would have to poach - stopped me fighting,drinking, taking drugs, selling drugs and much other stuff. I learnt a lot by not having permission for the first several years, stuff I would have never learnt if I had permission. Whether you agree or not it was that poaching that taught me field craft as poaching causes you to be quiet, careful with the lamp and careful whom you take to land you have found. I respect my dogs, quarry and the land in my opinion more because I started out poaching

Well good for you SHH, just a pity it is not like that nowadays though ehh :thumbs:

Why would you have not learned any of that if on permissioned land though?

Edited by Moll.