Ultralite fishing

Brilliant, some great fishing now. Mepps are deadly, yet when I was a kid I hated them!

Hope you don't waste it!

No mate, nothing gets wasted with me. The upstream mepp is deadly on this little river.

You are lucky to get grilse, we only get little brownies and grayling on our little rivers.

What type do you mean mate, i use very small rapalas down to single treble ones about 3/4" long and mepps to 00, i also make my own minature toby style lures and a one i made up myself. What weight of mono or braid do you use for trout, i believe the lure works better with light line and with those rods it is very difficult to break if you get a good fish on just let it go and enjoy the fight.

Theres quite a few out there but the ones i use above all else are the "aile goby" (yo-zuri,30mm,2g)which come in a good range of colours. they are pretty hard to find but i do know a chap on ebay sells them.i make my own trace from "surflon micro supreme" (20lb).the goby has a very tight action which all british predators love...

Took my little 5ft 6" ultralite rod down our local river to try and get a couple of trout. 4lb braid and #1 mepp, caught a nice brown trout then hooked a nice grilse about 5lb, brilliant fight on the light gear.

grilse001.jpg

is that rod an italian make, you done well :thumbs:

Took my little 5ft 6" ultralite rod down our local river to try and get a couple of trout. 4lb braid and #1 mepp, caught a nice brown trout then hooked a nice grilse about 5lb, brilliant fight on the light gear.

grilse001.jpg

It is a greys g-lite mate and shimano 750 reel, bought them and around 30 lures from ebay a couple of years ago for around £60 and i have had some great fun with it.

• Like 1

grilse001.jpg

It is a greys g-lite mate and shimano 750 reel, bought them and around 30 lures from ebay a couple of years ago for around £60 and i have had some great fun with it.

cheers mate i was looking at the italian dip rods thought it was the same atb