What killed our chickens?

Cheers Folks.

There is a burn / ditch at the end of the park outside the house here (Aprox. 200 yards)

Got my hands on a cage trap today to try out, so got it set up with one of the deceased in there so we'll wait n see what happens.

Caught up with the farmer next door Today, and he was saying that they saw 4 foxes the other night, crossing through the garden, and off towards a neighbouring farm!

x2off adults and x2off Cubs he recconed.

Might be it was one (or both) of the cubs that got in and did the damage. There is a 3" ish gap under their gate which I never gave a second thought to.....untill now!!

Had a look about with the rifle just now, but nothing doing........yet.

Yup, No signs of hair tho.

Had a visitor to the cage trap last night, managed to remove the bait without setting it off!!!!!!!

Nae happy!!

Re-set and tried to make sure it will work next time!

set the trap as light as possible or tie the bait tight to the wire so it will have to stand on the peddle to try and lift the bait,good luck

Well, whatever it was, it (unfortunately) gets a reprieve for the next 4 weeks, I'm out of the country working!

Remaining hens have been re-housed, hopefully vermin proof.

Neighbour up the road puts down pheasants, so hoping he'll be on the case in my absence!

It had to happen just before I left, couldn't have happened when I just arrived back!!