blood line preferences

hi all just like to hear other peoples views on what line of terrier they run and how they rate them i have only ever had nick stevens stuff and they suit my needs but would be nice to hear the views of other lines ie nuttal, wheeler,gould etc and there style of work.The 2 i have here are quite sensible in there working style and will only mix it when they need to. Atb Lampy

Edited by lampy

names mean nothing the work that the parents do mean everything if your breeding always think if im breeding this bitch and dog what improvments is it going to make to the line or what the pups are going to turn out like always make sure theres more positives than negitives and then hopefully you should breed some good pups

• Like 3

Working seasons under the belt is of more consequence than any names in my humble opinion, if you have 5 or 6 seasons proven, reliable,working under their belt and also from a known working strain, well thats a bonus, but only that.

The entrance of the hole is where the world of fantasy stops and reality begins, regardless of breeding etc. Mike Tyson has sons, dont mean they are going to be world heavy weight champions does it ???

Regards

B

• Like 1

Udla I always been told that the line means a lot if you put a outstanding dog of 7 seasons on to your bitch but your unfarmiliar of how he bread how do you no what traits he is to pass on to the pups? He chuld be a fluke worker with shit ansestorys with bad traits what you haven't seen in your 7 season vetaran and this may be passed into the pups atleast if you breed from a long line of tried workers you no what to expext ? Am I on the right track here ? Or do u disagree atb

• Like 1

Udla I always been told that the line means a lot if you put a outstanding dog of 7 seasons on to your bitch but your unfarmiliar of how he bread how do you no what traits he is to pass on to the pups? He chuld be a fluke worker with shit ansestorys with bad traits what you haven't seen in your 7 season vetaran and this may be passed into the pups atleast if you breed from a long line of tried workers you no what to expext ? Am I on the right track here ? Or do u disagree atb

i wouldnt use any of the shit lines in this country :huh: id go abroad they are miles better apparently :icon_eek: ...............or will be soon :icon_eek:

I agree 100% working ability comes before the big names just wonderd what other peoples preferences were i like the stamp of the wheeler x terriers i think they are a fine looking animal but you dont tend to see many veterans in this line of breeding as from what ive seen they tend to be abit on the hard side and not the type of dog that can be used every week. atb Lampy

Did ns put wheaton into his line at one piont ?

Did he bollocks, thats the shit nuttall was spouting, the same man who told a mate you get chocs when you put two yellows together lol.

Edited by dillydog

i wouldnt use any of the shit lines in this country :huh: id go abroad they are miles better apparently :icon_eek: ...............or will be soon :icon_eek:

haha cum on never once said they were shit

Did he bollocks, thats the shit nuttall was spouting, the same man who told a mate you get chocs when you put two yellows together lol.

lol what's a yellow ?

hi all just like to hear other peoples views on what line of terrier they run and how they rate them i have only ever had nick stevens stuff and they suit my needs but would be nice to hear the views of other lines ie nuttal, wheeler,gould etc and there style of work.The 2 i have here are quite sensible in there working style and will only mix it when they need to. Atb Lampy