HOW MANY KILLS IN A LIFETIME

Often wondered how many kills a dog makes in its lifetime, my saluki whip in 5 seasons has taken 1500 plus rabbits to some guys may sound a lot but ive no doubt some guys on here think thats nothing and may well be to their dogs kill rate, so genuine replies please. I stopped keeping records due to work commitments, but would like to hear your comments.YIS KIC. :thumbs:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seeing as I catch rabbits for a living all year round thats very believable ... an average of 150 rabbits a week over 40 weeks comes to 6000 rabbits so pretty easy to do realy and that's without my we

what would you spend the tenner on trigger .

Sounds about right to who ??, you?. How can you say who's catching what in a year and who's telling porkies. Don't judge people by your own standards mate, fifteen hundred rabbits in a season to a d

Guest born to run1083

That sound about right THEM chaps who say they do that in a year.. ARE telling porky.s

Depends mate to be honest some people count ferreted rabbits as part of there dogs catch, I don't myself. 1500 would be do able in a season,I lost count after 300odd rabbits with my first season bitch. Only normally keep count on first season and then forget about it after that lol

No mate only lamped or coursed rabbits ground i run i reckon that aint a bad record, guys that put up pictures of rabbits that have obviously been netted and claimed their dogs have caught them are only fooling themselves.

Edited by keepitcovert

Im a ferreting. CHAP''' AND FERRET,S ONLY, But Being from the same city has'' jim., [robert michcem] on here i tend ' too be a little nosey' I recall him getting 700 and some think in the last season,, And he seemed to be out every good nite; And on very good ground' to Double that and more With 1 dog.It must be a killer on your self and your mutt'',

Edited by tjones3862
Guest born to run1083

Yeah been a few post of him doing in the 50's a few times and I think an 80 odd in one night those numbers add up very fast. Think your right he said 700 odd lamped but few thousand by all different methods. Him and Andy are machines lol

• Like 1
Guest born to run1083

No mate only lamped or coursed rabbits ground i run i reckon that aint a bad record, guys that put up pictures of rabbits that have obviously been netted and claimed their dogs have caught them are only fooling themselves.

Aye I agree I only keep track first season as I always used the method of once they get to 200 rabbits i'l progress them to the long ear aswell then. Something passed down through the family lol

Im a ferreting. CHAP AND FERRET,S ONLY,, Being from the same place has'' jim., [robert michcem] on here i tend ' too be a little nosey' I recall him gettig 700 and some think in the last season,, And he seemed to be out every good nite; And on very good ground' to Double that and more With 1 dog.It must be a killer on your self and your mutt'',

Could i have an interperator please.

Yeah been a few post of him doing in the 50's a few times and I think an 80 odd in one night those numbers add up very fast. Think your right he said 700 odd lamped but few thousand by all different methods. Him and Andy are machines lol

I GO on poachers rest,, bye all acount,s he add 2.800 and odd rabbit,s' in total. Will stick to fitting carpets,,lol

That sound about right THEM chaps who say they do that in a year.. ARE telling porky.s

Sounds about right to who ??, you?.

How can you say who's catching what in a year and who's telling porkies.

Don't judge people by your own standards mate, fifteen hundred rabbits in a season to a dedicated lamping man with access to rabbits is far from an outlandish number.

• Like 4

Sounds about right to who ??, you?.

How can you say who's catching what in a year and who's telling porkies.

Don't judge people by your own standards mate, fifteen hundred rabbits in a season to a dedicated lamping man with access to rabbits is far from an outlandish number.

Sounds like your the man who puts 1500 to bed in a season by the sounds of it,, After all it's only 30 trips out 50 every time, or 60 trips 25 every time,, Edited by tjones3862