How much do Jills smell compared to Hobs?

Hi,

I keep on reading about the musky ferrety smell that hobs have and how this increases in the summer as they try to smell nice for the ladies.

The thing is that all of the articles I read mention hobs and not jills. How much do jills smell on average when compared to a hob? Is a jill comparable to a hoblet? How much of a difference is there between a hoblet and an entire male?

To be honest, I like the smell of the hoblets that I have sniffed so far, but this friend doesn't have any jills for me to do the sniff test with.

thanks,

/Mad

Hi,

I keep on reading about the musky ferrety smell that hobs have and how this increases in the summer as they try to smell nice for the ladies.

The thing is that all of the articles I read mention hobs and not jills. How much do jills smell on average when compared to a hob? Is a jill comparable to a hoblet? How much of a difference is there between a hoblet and an entire male?

To be honest, I like the smell of the hoblets that I have sniffed so far, but this friend doesn't have any jills for me to do the sniff test with.

thanks,

/Mad

The smell of a hob is one of those you either put up with or you dont, you either like it or hate it type of smell. The hobs do smell a lot stronger during the summer but the jills seem to me to have the same odour all year round. I'm pretty sure that if you have a hob castrated that they can or do remove the scent glands as well.

Must admit i'm not that keen on the smell of an excited hob in season but it's not a horrible smell.

My jills smell really delicious when they have just emerged from their bed of hay and i cant resist smelling thier fur.....as usual my human family just stand at a distance shaking their heads!! :icon_redface:

My job takes me into lots of peoples houses......now a house that smells of cats..that's what i call disgusting...or the smell of a reptile house.

So i say our ferrets have nothing to be ashamed of,male or female. :)

Thanks for all the replies.

I am only starting off with two jills, but just wanted a comparison between the jill smell and the hob smell and a comparison between a jill and a hoblet smell.

Interested to know how much of a difference there is.

I quite like the smell of the hoblets I have sniffed/held so far, way better than the smell of stinky cat piss.

Although I might be tempted to get a hob as well, I have seperate houses/runs for them for the summer.

/Mad

So do hobs stink of cats piss?

I fecking hate cats.

No :laugh::laugh:

i like the smell :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: does that make me a weirdo :icon_redface:

No i smell of hob most of the time in the day :laugh::laugh:

:icon_eek: sounds interesting :hmm:

Whats that face for :laugh: