Hardest ground to run

Northernlights, I wish my place had more deer, but it was flattened by previous stalker, which is why the forestry company is willing to pay me per head. Its still a pleasure being out on the hill. Ive seen badgers, foxes, seen 1 wild cat... red squirrel, pine martens (loads), polecat, stoat, red deer, roe deer, odd fallow deer, sika deer, tons of raptors, hoodies, woodies, ravens, and loads of song birds, no rabbits at all on the land I stalk, but ive got ground that is hotching with them so not at all bothered.

your a lucky man to have that part of your job i mind you said you worked in parts of argyll i know its a big place the part i go to is full of deer mostly roe and sika seen the odd red and wild cat also pine martin and the hoodies not the humen type lol and loads of jays its a cracking place as i said your a lucky man atb

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Proper dogs run any land that's what makes them special. You don't find many them about.

The hardest ground to run is unfamiliar ground.   We don't get hares down here on tht type of rocky ground but can run foxes on ground like that and if the dogs taken there from a young age they so

why would one whant to slip a dog on that type of ground   a bad as fen you see it lol but for some the mite not like what the see

Posted Images

the slag heaps at british steel

post-5042-0-59216400-1345746130.jpgpost-5042-0-10109600-1345746162.jpg

did my lurcher 'apprenticeship' so to speak on ground very similar to this around glasgow and outlying areas in the 70's didn't seem that bad it was the norm to us, always seemed to be loads of game in these areas