help

Guest hunter

i'd just go for a CZ in .22. A cracking all-rounder... but thats not an underlever. Marlin do a good, reliable underlever... have a look on this link. They are a great outfit here as well and will sort you out.

http://www.rimfiremagic.co.uk/marlin_rifles.html

:victory:

SHITE! Just noticed this posted in the Airgun section... Don't go shooting fox's with an airgun mate... they are not nearly powerful enough to reliably kill one.

HW77k would be my choice for an underlever - Fantastic rifle all be it a little on the heavy side.

Edited by LocalYokel
im looking for a new gun it has to be and underlever if possible and i will mainly be shooting rabbits birds and fox if possible can anyone reccomend any please :D

well lets get this sorted right

if you want to shoot to kill foxes dont bother with an air gun get your fire arms licence and get somthing like a 408

why under lever?

have you ever shot before?

how much money do you have?

Hunter -- has allready said , DONT :no: even consider shooting at a fox with an air rifle even in fac it would not be advisable .

minium use a shotgun/ rimfire at close range or 223 , 308 etc for longer shots .

for bunnies etc i like the HW97 under lever , used to have a venom tuned one , brill

Guest hunter

:icon_redface: ok sorry about my lack of knowledge stuff the foxes

ok woodchip the answer to your questions are i think im going to leave the foxes be until i am more experienced i want an under lever rifle because i have always used them as a kid. yes i have shot before and im willing to spend around £279

ok woodchip the answer to your questions are i think im going to leave the foxes be until i am more experienced i want an under lever rifle because i have always used them as a kid. yes i have shot before and im willing to spend around £279

ok your oviously a novice to the fine art of air gun shooting so things have moved on alot over the last few years i am currently teaching a 45 yr old bloke to shoot he rushed out and brought an hw97k an underlever which he liked untill he tried a pcp air gun the next week he popped back to the shop and traded the gun in for a pcp .

i used a bsa metior for many years and loved it untill my wife brought me my bsa hornet well what can i say what a diffrence no recoil and pin point accuracy none of that wobble at the last split second before the pellet leaves the barrel i personaly love them and will never go back to springers try before you commit your self .

as you can see it does a great job

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j50/cayladom/DSC00285.jpg

Edited by woodchip
Guest Rabbiteer

£279 buys a gun.

:blink: What about the glass and mounts that sit on top of it! :blink:

If you are looking for a complete package at that price you will be looking at a second hand job.

Then to be seen in public with it is a firearms offence, so you will need to cover it in some sort of slip.

Then buy some pellets and targets, I think £279 may be a bit optimistic.

However, I wish you all the luck, once you have shot a rabbit you can practice killing it..................

willing to spend around £279

so if its £280 its a no no :laugh:

ok, so everyone has to start somewhere, and knowledge comes with time, but the jump from small quarry, ie rabbits and pidgeon upto a fox must have rung alarm bells to yourself, or does it mean using an underlever as a kid, you shot foxes(or tried to)

Hunter: Air gun shooting is indeed a fine art and worth all the time spent learning the skills needed to gain good marksmanship as well as field craft. If your budget is around 300quid you will be surprised what level of outfit you will be able to buy 2nd hand. Take your time in choosing a rifle and if possible shoulder it and think about how it feels, how an under lever as opposed to say a break barrel would effect your style of shooting ect ect. Remember it is better to spend your cash wisely the first time and enjoy what you buy rather than simply make do.

On the subject of shooting foxes with an air rifle im going to add my two pence worth. A few months back there was an article in the sporting rifle mag by a so called professinal pest controler, claiming he has shot foxes on a regular basis with an air rifle. He then goes on to state that this is not a practise he would recomend to just any air rifle hunter as it takes yrs of practise to be of a standard to achive a clean kill. So tell me this, how with out shooting your first fox do you gain these yrs of experiance? Putting experiance aside for one moment what about the effectiveness of such a small projectile on what is a large target animal? Correct me if im wrong but arnt there laws stating which is legal air gun guarry? and if so are foxes abcent from this list? This article im talking about was like many others penned to satisfy the markets blood lust, putting egos and magazine sales before common sence. Im hoping that all responcable air rifle hunters wouldnt even consider a fox as a legitermate target whilst out in the field, with todays media hype against any form of gun ownership, we owe it to ourselves as well as the sport of shooting to carry out our activity with the animals wellfair being of the upmost importance.

Hunter: Air gun shooting is indeed a fine art and worth all the time spent learning the skills needed to gain good marksmanship as well as field craft. If your budget is around 300quid you will be surprised what level of outfit you will be able to buy 2nd hand. Take your time in choosing a rifle and if possible shoulder it and think about how it feels, how an under lever as opposed to say a break barrel would effect your style of shooting ect ect. Remember it is better to spend your cash wisely the first time and enjoy what you buy rather than simply make do.

On the subject of shooting foxes with an air rifle im going to add my two pence worth. A few months back there was an article in the sporting rifle mag by a so called professinal pest controler, claiming he has shot foxes on a regular basis with an air rifle. He then goes on to state that this is not a practise he would recomend to just any air rifle hunter as it takes yrs of practise to be of a standard to achive a clean kill. So tell me this, how with out shooting your first fox do you gain these yrs of experiance? Putting experiance aside for one moment what about the effectiveness of such a small projectile on what is a large target animal? Correct me if im wrong but arnt there laws stating which is legal air gun guarry? and if so are foxes abcent from this list? This article im talking about was like many others penned to satisfy the markets blood lust, putting egos and magazine sales before common sence. Im hoping that all responcable air rifle hunters wouldnt even consider a fox as a legitermate target whilst out in the field, with todays media hype against any form of gun ownership, we owe it to ourselves as well as the sport of shooting to carry out our activity with the animals wellfair being of the upmost importance.

molecatcher,i applaude you and take my hat off to you sir,i could not have said it better myself ;)