Fox habits

Hi

I am thinking about getting a stealthcam to try and bait a troublesome fox. Are foxes creatures of habit as the camera stamps the time on the picture and it would be convenient if the fox showed up at a similar time most nights or is it pot luck where they show.

Many thanks in advance

Joe

Hi

I am thinking about getting a stealthcam to try and bait a troublesome fox. Are foxes creatures of habit as the camera stamps the time on the picture and it would be convenient if the fox showed up at a similar time most nights or is it pot luck where they show.

Many thanks in advance

Joe

pritty much creatures of habbit mate

I've found they mostly like to stick to their times, I've always given them about an hour either side of their time once I've it figured out, just to be careful. They're out to mark and investigate their territory and find food so there are things that can delay them or cause them to go a slighly different route. Once you know roughly where and when they're coming from and where they want to get to you've got the upperhand in the battle. Find a nice spot between them and their destination, have the wind and the moon right and you're on to a winner.

I've had four cameras and they can be good, they can let you know of other animals around that you hadn't seen, they can also be a bit of work if they're in a remote location. Hide them well.

any thing wil do really like crows pigeon bits of rabbit.but mainly in winter [bANNED TEXT] ive shot geese and just breasted them il leave the rest .foxs are not fussy [bANNED TEXT] they eat.and belive me weather they eat it or just take it away for later they can move sum stuf.but if your planing to shoot the foxes id wait a wk before waiting with gun just get the bait goin in .build there confidence.

We've got one up our way that's a fussy f**ker, my mate has an allotment which he used to have hens, cockerels, ducks and geese. Some hens were locked up on a night sum wernt, the geese and ducks just had the run of the place, mr fox started to pay regular visits taking only hens that wernt locked up leaving the cockerels geese and ducks, we tried putting snares on the metal fencing where it was getting through, then the next day we went up more hens dead and no fox in the snare, it came in from somewhere els. :@ anyway long story short this went on for ages, earlier this year a load of ducklings hatched out so my mate put them in a run seperate from the rest of the garden, once they were strong enough he opened the run to let them into the garden, that night all apart from two were killed by the fox! Couldn't believe it. It hadn't toutched any other ducks until these ducklings were let out. This is one clever and very sly fox, all in all I bet he had lost 30+ birds to this fox, last week one of his geese had died so we put it on a mound of wood ready to get burned next time he had a fire, the next day we went down the dead goose was gone, along with a trail of feathers going through the metal fencing and across the grave yard into the rape field behind, we are still after this bloody fox, believe me its taking some catching! But we will get it in the end!!!

do you know for sure that it is fox. What i would do if you think its coming regular id climb a tree or top of a shed on the allotment and wait .wait til very clear sky poss with moon out and watch and listen.it wont pick your scent up if you up somewhere.

We've got one up our way that's a fussy f**ker, my mate has an allotment which he used to have hens, cockerels, ducks and geese. Some hens were locked up on a night sum wernt, the geese and ducks just had the run of the place, mr fox started to pay regular visits taking only hens that wernt locked up leaving the cockerels geese and ducks, we tried putting snares on the metal fencing where it was getting through, then the next day we went up more hens dead and no fox in the snare, it came in from somewhere els. :@ anyway long story short this went on for ages, earlier this year a load of ducklings hatched out so my mate put them in a run seperate from the rest of the garden, once they were strong enough he opened the run to let them into the garden, that night all apart from two were killed by the fox! Couldn't believe it. It hadn't toutched any other ducks until these ducklings were let out. This is one clever and very sly fox, all in all I bet he had lost 30+ birds to this fox, last week one of his geese had died so we put it on a mound of wood ready to get burned next time he had a fire, the next day we went down the dead goose was gone, along with a trail of feathers going through the metal fencing and across the grave yard into the rape field behind, we are still after this bloody fox, believe me its taking some catching! But we will get it in the end!!!

pm labtastic hes good at getting fox`s :whistling: