well not long now crops getting cut

as the new season fast approaches lads do you thing all this wet weather will make much diffrence to the bags of game or not i no the crops are just starting to get cut and some will be very late this year do you think alot of warrens will have been flooded out and the bunny kits drowned their for the population well down

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'd happily swap i for cold, snow, even just drizzle.   Don't know what you're meant to do whens its sunny, apart from get pished.   Can't take the dogs out, can't go ferreting, the fishing is eve

No diffence chasing each other when free running in summer so unless you keep dogs on lead whole summer I don't think your doing any more harm. Does that make sense??????

Can't wait for the season some of my fields have been cut and I gave into temptation on Monday and took the dog out for a shine , just for 1 slip caught one :) seen sh*t loads out but have noticed alot of dead rabbits young and old by the road being run over more than ever before and I've noticed an increase in foxes but luckily my land seems to have plenty on .

Seen the first couple of feilds of Rape down today.... And silage ect...

Only thing iam worried about now going into Aug time is there seems a decent number of rabbits about so far, Just hope this hot weather dont start Mixy doing its rounds now

Silage

I was down there a few days ago and nowt looked ready to me. We are always behind the south and I see this year as no different

Where you at mate?... Ive been driving around Europe for just over a month, but Before I went they had cut a lot of the silage around Argyll, Loch Lomond, Clyde, already, and not made a start in Northumberland, which is much further south.

But aye, the further North you go the slower the crops grow... Down northern France they cutting wheat now. Spain was like a desert, all crops were long cut, unless corn or something but this had to be artificially watered.

Im getting psyched about this season, theres plenty aboot, just need to order a new lamp and battery... think Im going all out with a variable blitz and a lithium battery set up ! !

Silage

I was down there a few days ago and nowt looked ready to me. We are always behind the south and I see this year as no different

Where you at mate?... Ive been driving around Europe for just over a month, but Before I went they had cut a lot of the silage around Argyll, Loch Lomond, Clyde, already, and not made a start in Northumberland, which is much further south.

its due it second cut soon some are cutting just now west is always before the east

its coming down fast here they have been combining,bailing and carting 24/7 for the last 3 days theres still the odd barley field and grass field awaiting cutting but the majority is down and should all be in the barns by the weekend :thumbs: