Great stuff Undi..you must have been out of bed early this morning, Im at work till tomorrow, then hols for 2 weeks, will be be out Monday morning if weather ok, been a long eared owl soghted close, so will have a look for that..not expecting much on my first time there, I like a plan..see what happens

Great stuff Undi..you must have been out of bed early this morning, Im at work till tomorrow, then hols for 2 weeks, will be be out Monday morning if weather ok, been a long eared owl soghted close, so will have a look for that..not expecting much on my first time there, I like a plan..see what happens

Your so lucky Bill...I've got to travel to get anything decent.....Got up about 5.30 and went to my Kingfisher spot...but no sign of anything a Mink did come out and swim past me but couldn't get near for a decent shot....just messin about with the big lens with the hoverfly....if the sun comes back out I'll be out the mora again ...saving my hols till aug sept...weather might be better. :thumbs:

I know what you mean about messing about with the hover flies, I love a bit sport with them, when Im waiting for the kingy, I play around with flying dragon flies too, great stuff..my kingfisher tried to land on the front of my lense sticking out my hide yesterday, first time Ive heard the noise coming from a kingfishers wings it was so close..

I know what you mean about messing about with the hover flies, I love a bit sport with them, when Im waiting for the kingy, I play around with flying dragon flies too, great stuff..my kingfisher tried to land on the front of my lense sticking out my hide yesterday, first time Ive heard the noise coming from a kingfishers wings it was so close..

Wow! that beats a puffin walking over my boot to get to it's burrow :laugh:

That would have been a good show "Puff in boots"

Heres the one off my phone from the hide when i was too close to use the camera..

105.jpg

Have you got my email address Undi?

Edited by Romany
  • Like 1

That would have been a good show "Puff in boots"

Heres the one off my phone from the hide when i was too close to use the camera..

105.jpg

Have you got my email address Undi?

no!

Will get it to you matie for better crack :thumbs:

Went and got permo a couple of months ago to have a look for the kingfishers I was on about undi, went a couple of times and decided to go back when the rain laid of a bit and the water was lower, didn,t think I,d be waiting this fooking long lol

Went and got permo a couple of months ago to have a look for the kingfishers I was on about undi, went a couple of times and decided to go back when the rain laid of a bit and the water was lower, didn,t think I,d be waiting this fooking long lol

I dont have any probs seeing the buggers just can't get near them for a shot....and I don't think the water levels here are helping....might get lucky if the weather turns