Hi folks, was just wanting opinions on the suzuki jimny jeep. i am looking for a smallish 4 x 4 to be used for the lurchers, ferrets and general fishing here or there.

Whats the jimny like off-road etc and is it worth thinking about??

Thanks, Russ.

Go anywhere with half decent tyres on.

Had 2 both great but the cat went on mine yesterday :huh:

Not much room, especially if theres 2 of you, dogs, ferreting kit etc etc.

HTH.

Cheers, D.

• Like 1

Bought my Y reg convertible for my wife when she past her driving test. She loved the look but hated the drive, so I had to use it and she had my car. Best £1500 I've spent. I love it, it'll go anywhere on the shoot, plus I drive 60 miles a day to the office and that's great as well. The convertible is a bonus for lamping rabbits!

A lot of people slam them for their size and comfort level, but honestly, if you want land rover ability without the land rover bill, you won't go far wrong. Apart from standard wear from tyres and exhaust, it's only needed a new water pump and alternator for a total of £250 fitted and that's over 3 years and 58,000 miles.

..... Oh and your mates may well buy you a set of hair scissors to go with your new occupation, mine did!

post-12745-0-70921100-1315216660_thumb.jpg

Our 'adapted' hand painted vitara.

Ply deck has fold out sides and a watertight opening hatch has been cut into roof so you can stand in back (one seat has been removed) and shoot using the deck as a platform for the bipod. 360 degree vision and shooting! Brilliant for foxing and lamping rabbits. Have made a tray which fixes to the tow bar to carry the dead rabbits.

Edited by masmiffy