anybody in n ire or r ire working borders

its a breed i like to see out in the field and would love to get another

hi mate have you got one at minute was on the look out for a pup out of good digging stuff but like hen teeth

robert

no mate hada bitch but let her go to a new home she was a cracking we fox bolter but wud stay till she was got big regret

its a breed i like to see out in the field and would love to get another

hi mate have you got one at minute was on the look out for a pup out of good digging stuff but like hen teeth

robert

no mate hada bitch but let her go to a new home she was a cracking we fox bolter but wud stay till she was got big regret

i done the same give a wee border lakeland away went to a fella of this site he was a bolting dog 100% fox only would not stay forever that was his only fault

the fella got him just before christmas and in febuary he had 26 or something like that with him if only he would of stayed to the deaf

robert

i had one before mate unreal at rats and fox, let her run a line of holes one day in she went after about 20 min out comes old red down the field the the bitch up its ass....the fox went across a road and the bitch in chase... smack bitch dead by a wee old man ford pop plus....i was in a bad way over that, i had to fix his car :bad:

i ve spoke to a few older terriermen that would of kept borders and they said that they were far from slow to enter and that a good few of them espically the dogs flew from the nest and were reckless of themselves but then again at that time they were bred to work not for pound notes like today and they must of been usefull dogs as they were used as outcrosses in many famous lines of red and blackdog and before the black dog took off most kennells of digging lads had border x lakelands that worked to a very high standard its not the borders fault its declined as a working terrier its the greedy bastids that would bred anything just to make a quick buck!!!!!!!

• Like 4

i ve spoke to a few older terriermen that would of kept borders and they said that they were far from slow to enter and that a good few of them espically the dogs flew from the nest and were reckless of themselves but then again at that time they were bred to work not for pound notes like today and they must of been usefull dogs as they were used as outcrosses in many famous lines of red and blackdog and before the black dog took off most kennells of digging lads had border x lakelands that worked to a very high standard its not the borders fault its declined as a working terrier its the greedy bastids that would bred anything just to make a quick buck!!!!!!!

have had 3 or 4 i was prob just unlucky with the slow ones then fs

my mate had two diff ones and both were very hard both were bitches aswel

did your pal breed any of the bitches ?

the one my mate had was called frank i think he was bought in fintona came with a trial too, the dog was an absolute belter game as they come we had many a great deep dig to him was 100% reliable. he bred him to a patterdale bitch of nuttal breeding and most of that litter flew in the field. he kept a pup from that litter called him jack and was a spit of the dad and he turned out cracking too but got K I A due to a cave in my mate packed in not long after that.

the we bitch i had was that laid back but once in the scent of a fox to ground she looked like a demon posessed bolted me loads , the best one was 7ft under a concrete lane 45 mins later i was ready to start underminning then out flew a huge dog fox in mid december with the we border out behind him fcuk me he was away like a scalded cat lolol but she just plodded along at her own leisure n never left my side

did your pal breed any of the bitches ?

no mate one was pts and dont know [bANNED TEXT] happen the other

I had a few down the years,each 1 i had there was no prob with entering and all worked well on there game,a little over hard if anything.We lost a very good border dog about 4 year back.My diging mate took him over to his to do a job for a farmer and after a very hard 8ft dig the dog died a couple of days later even though my mate had taken him to a vet and he was on drips and all he still died,he was a very laid back dog about the yard but soon as he hit an earth that held his attitude changed.Also seen another border dog that came out of dublin from a pet home.A friend of mine was doing a concrete job for a lady and she gave him the dog as it was constant killing the neighbours cats.This dog had never seen an earth until my friend got him and 1st time out he went to ground,found and was dug to,he was 3 year old then and worked until he died,and worked to a very high standard.As dee said its the owners that fcuked the border with over the top prices.

• Like 2

Its hard to find good working wheatons and borders and westies(joking) because lads that keep them arnt in it for the money there in it to breed for working abilty and only breed to keep a line going surplus pups go to close friends and thats the way it should be and you wouldnt have half the dirt floating around and by no means im I sayin if you breed worker to worker = worker but percentages would be higher and you would get a dog fit for the job

• Like 1