Well I wasn't in the army and I for one know you shouldn't be spraying anything down the barrel ever!

You lightly spray the little cloth tabs and pull em through then pull through loads of dry tabs getting rid of all the moisture.

Dude just use up all your dry tabs if you have to making sure its dry. If that fails then I guess some oil or something has got into the spring area.

• Like 1

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't put any more oil down your barrel!!!! Just clean it through, and put some shots down it 'til it clears

Well matt im not saying that....but with my 7 years in army(not long compared to others here) cleaning with oil and spraying direct into barrel are 2 diff things lol     Lol the mrs just told me fr

Well I wasn't in the army and I for one know you shouldn't be spraying anything down the barrel ever!   You lightly spray the little cloth tabs and pull em through then pull through loads of dry tab

Well I wasn't in the army and I for one know you shouldn't be spraying anything down the barrel ever!

You lightly spray the little cloth tabs and pull em through then pull through loads of dry tabs getting rid of all the moisture.

Dude just use up all your dry tabs if you have to making sure its dry. If that fails then I guess some oil or something has got into the spring area.

Exactly mate :thumbs:

just pulled about 24 times with dry pad things. first few were really grey but the last one looked brand new lol. and now the gun is stood upside down lol. i havent touched the oil today tho lol, and i wont be spraying it into the barrel again... F**k whatever the instructions say..

next time i will spray a teeny amount onto the first pad only then after that will all be dry. but thats going to be a few months yet after another few thousand more pellets or so.

cheers for the advise lads il let you know how i get on with it.. might be thursday night if weathers ok.. got 5a side tomoro night after working all day tomorow, then working all day thursday ..

just pulled about 24 times with dry pad things. first few were really grey but the last one looked brand new lol. and now the gun is stood upside down lol. i havent touched the oil today tho lol, and i wont be spraying it into the barrel again... F**k whatever the instructions say..

next time i will spray a teeny amount onto the first pad only then after that will all be dry. but thats going to be a few months yet after another few thousand more pellets or so.

cheers for the advise lads il let you know how i get on with it.. might be thursday night if weathers ok.. got 5a side tomoro night after working all day tomorow, then working all day thursday ..

Let me know how you get on Skot............i bet now it is free ov oil and once releaded it will settle down

will do pal. i have about 100-150 pellets left in my tin just had a look.. but im going to order some bits and bats in a min so il chuck a tin of pellets into my 'basket' lol might go plinking all day sunday get a bit of more practice in and try get a good number of shots fired through her. if it doesnt P**s it down, farmers just filled his shed with hay so cant go sit in there anymore :/

will do pal. i have about 100-150 pellets left in my tin just had a look.. but im going to order some bits and bats in a min so il chuck a tin of pellets into my 'basket' lol might go plinking all day sunday get a bit of more practice in and try get a good number of shots fired through her. if it doesnt P**s it down, farmers just filled his shed with hay so cant go sit in there anymore :/

Can you get 30 meters out of your garden?

nah mate. plus a few years ago i was shooting with my s410k [with silencer (away from the road towards the fence with a massive backstop), and my neighbours rang cops n said i had a shotgun :icon_eek::hmm:

:gunsmilie: haha proper wan**rs they are, so cant shoot around here... :(

just ordered a new scope and a tin of pellets for satday delivery, didnt know if anybody will be at home thur or fri, and im at work so didnt want to miss the delivery guy lol.

guns been upside down on some kitchen roll for about an hour now and no sign of any oil dripping out lol :yes:

Edited by Skot Ruthless Teale

yeh somebody mentioned you a few weeks ago about when my gun was inconsistent on the chrono.. said you could possibly open it up and have a look,, see if it need polishing or greasing or if it has a 'cut spring' inside.. ive never been inside a gun.. we should go shooting together sometime :thumbs: i could easily get a train to leeds.. i dont drive at the min unfortunately.

i really wanted to goto the forum meet but il be away in greece :huh:

havent met any of the lads on here but seems like theres some top blokes

right lads you wanted to know how i got on so here ya go....

been out last night for an hour and been plinking all day today near enough!! had about 100 through it last night then the rest of the tin of jsb's today so 500 shots (give or take a few) since i cleaned it.

first few shots sounded really loud but then they went back to normal. as for accuracy, cant hit a barn door witth it. (to be fair it was windy as f**k) even after 500 shots it still wont hit a 2p everytime at 36 yards, when before it could easily do a 5p sized group if i was concentrating.it seems like after another 500 it might be back to normal but i think i must have got some oil inside the spring area :duh: so how long will it take to 'burn' the oil out??!!

this was looking 'ok' for a while the bottom LEFT group was pretty good.20120715_112428.jpg

but then they really opened up (top right target card)20120715_161921.jpg

then this was the last 47 shots.. some missed the target completely :thumbdown:20120715_161937.jpg

so going to buy another tin of pellets and get them through it and if it still isnt back to normal il have to get it opened up and sorted cleaned degresed or whatever its called haha and polished and running smooth again.. proper BLAG lol but its my own fault i suppose :wallbash:

cheers for all your help

Edited by Skot Ruthless Teale

Those groups do look pretty scattered, Skot, and after all those pellets it should be well and truly settled down by now. Do you have another scope you can try? Not wishing to be a doom monger but sometimes if a springer's been dieseling it can feck up scopes quite badly.

My offer still stands, if you want me to take a look at your rifle then just give me a shout :thumbs:

hi Skot

how are you with nuts & bolts ??

i have a strip down for the HW97 its a step by step pic heavy guide,its to big to put on the forum.

but if you send me your email,i can send it that way.if you like?

cheers davy and andy :thumbs:

. i have 3 scopes i put my new one on it on satday hawke panorama ev ao ir 4-12x50 with 1 piece high mount.

also got a hawke sport hd 3-9x40, and an ags 3-9x40 and a 1piece medium mount. so il change the scope over and put another tin of pellets through it. then if its still upto no good il give you a shout andy :icon_redface::bye::thumbs:

just wondering will i need a spring compressor thingy majiggy if i was to go in there myself, and what stuff would i need to give it a good cleanse and re lube it all and polish it up??

il send you my email in a pm davy cheers :thumbs: