vet fees for a cat..........................

think part of the problem here has been the rise of pet insurance, they now know how much money they can make out of it and have increased their rates to everybody to reflect this, and most of them like their shiny expensive equipment and relish every chance of using it (and putting it on the bill)

Vast majority of vets are now chains owned by very rich men, £40 for a five minute "consultation" then drugs with a 5000% mark up

They are without the worst people for taking advantage when you are most in need, if you can get out of a vets with a bill less than £100

you must have walked in there by mistake !!!

Vaccinations are the best racket along with a 6 monthly check up and worming pills, truth be known a lot of what they do you can do yourself unless surgery is required

and then you're talking mega money

There are options such as the PDSA but they want all sorts of proof of benefits etc, so once again if you make your own way and don't sponge your way through life then your dog, cat etc has be worth a fortune

So the best thing to do really if you hit a cat is reverse over it.

you would only need to do that to your own if its someone elses dont matter does it ;)

I wasn't talking about the vet, i was talking about the "best thing to do".............. :D

They are preyin on peoples love for there pets , some "pets" ive seen are a disgrace ,labs grossly over weight (not you Lab :laugh: ) same with springers and cats , there killin them with kindness surely the vets 1st interest is the health off the animal , seems to me its all about gettin rich , and you see most workin dogs a picture off health , seen a litter off terrier pups docked by a vet and they where a disgrace .. oh i and it cost a couple off hundred !!