dog thiefs

I was told tonight of an attempted dog stealing event,which happened yesterday in tipperary,a blue estate with a county limerick reg,03 year.Luckily the owner chased them off.Now unfortunately 3 patts were taken from Kildare last week I believe,haven't been seen since as far as Ive heard.So don't let your guard drop,they're still out there waiting for the oppertunity.

Maybe this new federation might help get some sort of handle on dog thefts in Ireland

I agree with you - it wouldn't be a big deal to have a lost/stolen page on the website as a start.

I see that the fell and moorland have done that.

The federation could be one point of contact for anyone with info on a stolen dog - or who's taking them - I'm not suggesting they should be vigilantes or anything but they're in the best position to get the story to the right people.

The pricks robbing them are selling them here and in the UK - the fellas buying them are as bad and they know full well what they have.

We can target the latter easily - make it as uncomfortable for them as possible to work these dogs.

Soon every terrier man in the country will know of the IWTF and better still be a member of an affiliated club - very easy to check the website for pics if you had doubts about a new terrier someone picked up.

It would be another small step in stopping these posts on here.

What do people think?

• Like 7

The pricks robbing them are selling them here and in the UK - the fellas buying them are as bad and they know full well what they have.

We can target the latter easily - make it as uncomfortable for them as possible to work these dogs.

Soon every terrier man in the country will know of the IWTF and better still be a member of an affiliated club - very easy to check the website for pics if you had doubts about a new terrier someone picked up.

It would be another small step in stopping these posts on here.

What do people think?

Providing such a service can only strengthen the federation as would all be it further down the line an insurance scheme and terrier rescue. The federation gives lads access to a network of trustworthy people in every corner of the island and as more clubs form and affiliate this network will grow thus squeezing out the shadowy world that this scum work in.

In the modern world word of a stolen dog could be right across the whole of Ireland within minutes using web text which can only increase the chances of getting the dog back.

• Like 3

Corkonian I agree entirely.

We've gone one step further on the NWTF website...... when a dog is reported to us as being stolen we post a report on the website, but at the same time also send out an email to everyone who has signed up to our website as a "member". It means they get notified immediately without the need to keep checking back.

You'll find it at.... http://www.terrierwork.com/stolennew.htm

Kindest Regards - Barrie

That's up on iwtf.ie now.

Jigsaw if you want to let the Kildare lads know then get them to send any details to the email provided on the site.

Barrie we put a link to your site and the fell and moorland lost/stolen pages. If you want to do likewise then that's great - or if you want us to remove the links then just let us know.

Thanks.

Even with the current threat to the working terrier one of the first things suggested was to help recover stolen and lost dogs when the Federation was formed.

WITHOUT A DOUBT, the busiest dog thieves in Ireland at the moment are the gang in Limerick and the two lads in Northern Ireland.

Something must and will be done but IMO we have to drive it home to ALL folk that these dogs are being stolen because there's a market there for second hand dogs.

Simple as that. Too many people are willing to buy dog with no questions asked. It can't be encouraged.