barb f**ckin wire

What a shocker: hope he's OK. Tip for bleeding : apply pressure to where the blood is coming from! And keep the pressure on until you can get the dog to the vets. DIfficult if your'e on your own I know, but any pressure is better than none just to slow the bleeding down.

:( True what you say about pressure, but hes a lad and perhaps didnt know, hard way to learn though.bloody farmers weve said it time and time again WHY PUT THE BARBED WIRE ON TOP????WHO YOU TRYING TO KEEP OUT WHATS THE MATTER WITH JUST THE WIRE IT SHOULD BE AGAINST THE LAW TO DO IT. :angry::angry::angry:

beagles, i feel for you mate its happened to me whith my young bitch for the second time! :icon_eek: allthough its just stitches for her! im sure youre dog was under controll aswell, in fact, like me, you probably train them to jump? so it was only doing what was expected of it! and purely a misscalculation on the dogs behalf!? i often wonder what real purpose barb has? perhaps someone who knows cat enlighten us!? :yes:

A simillar thing happend to one of my mates dogs , but not barbed wire but cut its tendon's badly on a peice of flint the blood was squirting out ,and we was about 2 milefrom the moter :no: i took my vest off and cut it into strip's tyed it up very tight and got him to the vets just in time. i hope you get him sorted it cost my mate about 3 hundred pound in all , next time have a freinds name who is on the dole and let him take it in, or try and get some insurance all the best with your dog young man :thumbs-up:

dont wanna sound harsh mate but when your explainin what happened, it sounds like your blaming the farmer...if thats the case, should't you have had full control over your dog? if thats not the case, sorry.

TD17

well the wire was never there before and it is a footpath but hes put 2 on insted of 1 to me its a stupid idea ;)

beagles, i feel for you mate its happened to me whith my young bitch for the second time! :icon_eek: allthough its just stitches for her! im sure youre dog was under controll aswell, in fact, like me, you probably train them to jump? so it was only doing what was expected of it! and purely a misscalculation on the dogs behalf!? i often wonder what real purpose barb has? perhaps someone who knows cat enlighten us!? :yes:

and yes he was trained to jump but normaly he wont jump intill i say on barb wire but this use to be a wooded fence but the farmer has 2 bits of wire on the very top and me pup just went for it i think its was because i was on the other side just out of view from him and he paniced but still 1 bit of wire and he would been fine but the second just nailed him :censored:

i often wonder what real purpose barb has? perhaps someone who knows cat enlighten us!? :yes:

Barbed wire is for Mole catcher's to hang there trophies on.. ;) .. it is also used by farmer's to keep there live stock in there field's..

Millet

millet, doesnt the fence itself keep the stock in? ive never known singular plain wire to let out any stock, let alone barb, & double barb! in fact its probably caused more problems! (cant recall the amount of times ive cut disregarded barb from soggy sheep! :no: )

i often wonder what real purpose barb has? perhaps someone who knows cat enlighten us!? :yes:

Barbed wire is for Mole catcher's to hang there trophies on.. ;) .. it is also used by farmer's to keep there live stock in there field's..

Millet

:no: to keep the livestock in their field dont make me laugh, the livestock would be kept in with plain wire no need for barbs, its an archaic arrogant dick heady way very british but worldwide now, :angry::angry:

Millet

:no: to keep the livestock in their field dont make me laugh, the livestock would be kept in with plain wire no need for barbs, its an archaic arrogant dick heady way very british but worldwide now, :angry::angry:

i no mate and surely its cheaper for that normal wire that barb?? so why do farmers do it :censored:

dont wanna sound harsh mate but when your explainin what happened, it sounds like your blaming the farmer...if thats the case, should't you have had full control over your dog? if thats not the case, sorry.

TD17

well the wire was never there before and it is a footpath but hes put 2 on insted of 1 to me its a stupid idea ;)

and yes he was trained to jump but normaly he wont jump intill i say on barb wire but this use to be a wooded fence but the farmer has 2 bits of wire on the very top and me pup just went for it i think its was because i was on the other side just out of view from him and he paniced but still 1 bit of wire and he would been fine but the second just nailed him :censored:

footpath or not, he can place any amounts of barbed wire on his land, obviously he see's a purpose for it to be there, mostly to keep live-stock in, or out, and if it was a bit either side of the steak, then to protect from both sides...... farmers put them up not givin two :censored: wether your dog is gonna get hurt or not, aslong as his livestock is kept safe, he doesnt care