what type of cross to run on grouse moors

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can get a bit cold on them there moors..

The only thing wrong with the borders moors is the hidden drainage ditches that are all over the place, you cant see some of them till you have fallen in one, saw a deehound break a leg in one of thes

Meny a tail could be told of days on the moors one of my most memrobile one's was [bANNED TEXT] some mates came up from london for a day on them lol

I know its drifting(pardon the pun) away from the topic slightly but what a photo,romany was it taken in a competion?

Cheers matie..

yes it was at a meeting on the Lammermuirs

img069.jpg

img054.jpg

Edited by Romany
  • Like 3

I know its drifting(pardon the pun) away from the topic slightly but what a photo,romany was it taken in a competion?

Cheers matie..

yes it was at a meeting on the Lammermuirs

img069.jpg

img054.jpg

used to have that up granton and spey with the deer hounds and salukis before the ban would have loved to witness it cracking pics romany thanks

quite right matie, been there..also in Aberdeenshire at Vicount Astars place..also many on the fens, Cambridge and other places, even the Isle of Bute one year

The saluki club also had a few meetings on the Lammermuirs..

Edited by Romany
  • Like 1

quite right matie, been there..also in Aberdeenshire at Vicount Astars place..also many on the fens, Cambridge and other places, even the Isle of Bute one year

your a lucky man was it deerhounds you had ?never read it all deerhound x sorry mate atb Edited by nothernlite

your a lucky man was it deerhounds you had ?

Lurchers, but I kept a few deerhounds for a few years too

Our trip the other day was up the Lammermuirs, very local for us, A nice collie x would do the biz there, or a good deerhound x.

Have you permission matie?

Permiwhat?? whazzat then ??? :laugh: :laugh: No bud, that was just a night out camping !!! :D

aup lads , off up scottland in nov with a foot pack off hounds , on a few grouse moors . just wounderin if anyone worked lurchers on this terrian n which cross is best suited for the job . as i dont want to risk my racey lamping dog ( colli grey x bedywhip) .

cheers lads

No reason for not taking your dog, a slow dog wont do any good on a fell.

You will get as many answers as posts, truth is, all types of lurcher have done well on fell ground. The best ones have a good nose, and a willingness to hunt out to find vermin.

Ive camped there loads of times to laugh.png

Haven`t we all mate !! lol.. kept me in freezer fill when I was young thats for sure, I expect you had to explain what you were doing up on the moor once or twice to Mr Pressley as well while you were up this way !! HAHAHAHAHA :laugh: :laugh: :laugh::whistling:

I was lucky and never had to, but I know plenty that have for sure, Old man Packard has had some right hard fuckers looking after that place over the years.