Where are the bunnys

I been out trying to ferret some land that the farmer wants clearing. I found three sets. but nobody home . one had a young in it but thats it. any ideas where they hiding as farmer seen loads on field ?

I've just some new PERMITION there was loads got two been there couple of times now and there is not as many think there in hides just laughing at me but I never give up I'll get them not be beaton :) buy Roger the rabbit

• Like 1

If its dry there more likely to be on top in cover ,put your purse nets over the holes beat threw the cover you might pick up a easy one or two then ferret them

• Like 1

I been out trying to ferret some land that the farmer wants clearing. I found three sets. but nobody home . one had a young in it but thats it. any ideas where they hiding as farmer seen loads on field ?

Probably there are very few there because people keep ferreting them slap bang in the middle of the breeding season.

If a farmer sees one or two rabbits, then they say there are overun with rabbits.

Same as when they are overun with moles, they say they only have a few on.

If the ferreting was left until September (end of preferably), there would be something to go at come hunting season.

• Like 1

Probably there are very few there because people keep ferreting them slap bang in the middle of the breeding season.

If a farmer sees one or two rabbits, then they say there are overun with rabbits.

Same as when they are overun with moles, they say they only have a few on.

If the ferreting was left until September (end of preferably), there would be something to go at come hunting season.

on every bit of permission Ive got I always get the same answer................theres hundreds of them! lol :laugh:

normaly i dont hunt out of season but the guy is having his veg destroyed . no one hunts the land at all. he said hes never asked anyone to do it before. so an less there are pochers i dont know , hes spent a fortune on fancing to stop um but they helping them selfs to his hard work

If there are or were hundreds of them you will know as there will be warrens over 140 hOles in size 60 70 holers ??? , if there aren't then there counting the same rabbits over and over , could be rats eating the veg ????? , hundreds of rabbits cant fit into little warrens if they did they wouldnt be able to move , : )