thought i was going to be finished with my cages till later in year as other pests are taking up more of my time, but was fairly local so said yes, went and put 24 cages down on some wheat and sugar beet and went to another part of the farm with the rifles, started in the yard with the rapid and wasnt long before 4 does were in the bag the 2 young to follow then went along the railway line and trimmed some up with the rimmy total for tonight was 14 with 11 keepers will see how i get on with cages in the morning.

shooting001.jpg

shooting002.jpg

have not had any nicked, or trashed, had some rabbits let out, alot of my trapping this year has been along footpaths so fenns or snares were a no go, had 68 the other week in 8 days trapping from 15 cages, they work well i find. i think i have about 40 in total but then i sell cage traps aswell some guys near me run 100 at a go

• Like 1

have not had any nicked, or trashed, had some rabbits let out, alot of my trapping this year has been along footpaths so fenns or snares were a no go, had 68 the other week in 8 days trapping from 15 cages, they work well i find. i think i have about 40 in total but then i sell cage traps aswell some guys near me run 100 at a go

Interesting pal, I haven't seen it on that scale with cage traps, just box traps and drop traps.

1st field i had 5 from 8 traps

trappingbunnies002.jpg

2nd field had 2 from 7

3rd field had 10 from 9 traps had a double in one

trappingbunnies003.jpg

2 were too small to take, so 17 from 24 cages plus last nights shooting, happy butcher and a little pocket money for me.

1st field i had 5 from 8 traps

trappingbunnies002.jpg

2nd field had 2 from 7

3rd field had 10 from 9 traps had a double in one

trappingbunnies003.jpg

2 were too small to take, so 17 from 24 cages plus last nights shooting, happy butcher and a little pocket money for me.

Added bonus of being nice and fresh, which can be a problem this time of year if trapping to kill.

Just wondered if anyone could give me some advice on bunnies... I have a box of talunex at work which i purchased for moles a while back which i dont use as i trap them instead. Wondered how effective gasing the

burrows out with the pellets? Quite impressed with the cages nod has been using might purchase a few give them a try. These rabbits are making a right mess of are bunkers i need to do something about them..

• 3 weeks later...