Hoblet not mating help

Hoping someone can offer some advice on a problem. I have 3 jills who are all fully intact, rather than dosing them with drugs half of the year I got myself a hob and had him vasactomised. He has been safe for mating now for the past week or so and has been in with the girls to bring them out of season. However things arn't working out as hoped, he has real difficulty getting the jills into position and now he can barely grip a neck without the jill turning and fighting back. Instead of just overpowering her and having his way he backs down from the fight each time.

I'm pretty sure this hob is deaf, but as I have no intentions of breeding him that didn't worry me, but not sure if it will be causing any issues? I know it's not a size/strength problem as two of the jills are pretty adverage and one seems to be one of the mthical minatures, the hoblet himself is a very big chap and has no problems dominating physically he just seems abit of a coward.

Any tips on how I can help get him to assert himself with these girls as I really don't want them dosed on chemicals for 6 months of a year.

All jills should be in season by now: give them another month or two and they'll be coming out of season again. If the hob hadn't mated a jill before he had the snip, and he's still a youngster and the jills are older and bossy, he may take a while to get his confidence: not all hobs are mad rapists :laugh: Most have that attitude but you get the odd one that is a bit respectful, which isn't really normal for ferrets at all!

When a jills ready to be brought out of season she will not fight the hobs advances , sperate the hob from the jills & try one jill per day , if the jills not ready for his advances simply remove her from his cage

All leaving them to it acheives is sore necks , when a jills ready to be mated , the hob will simply pin her down , do the job & leave nothing more than a damp area on her neck & maybe slight reddening to the skin

You should be able to have 1 jill brought out of season in an hour or so, then pop her back in her cage, give him a day or so breather , then try one of the other pair :thumbs: