dogs

Guest norseman

Guest norseman

hi all,

took the ferret out today for a practice run just to see if she goes to ground, as it will be my first season come sept/oct. netted all the holes i could see (just incase) and sent her in, she went in no bother at all, waited and waited to find her emerging from different holes and re entering her into others but no rabbits were home, but there is literally thousands near to were i was, which got me thinking about dogs, how many of you's work a dog/dogs to mark ect? or do you ferret without one jus fine but have to work that bit harder without one? would love to hear people's opinions on this. cheers lads atb.

anyone use staffs for ferreting? Thinking about taking mine when my kits are older.

Theres one on youtube seems a decent ferreting dog mate, ive a staff that i broke to ferrets. Give it a try and see how it goes. I prefer ferreting with a dog enjoy bolting them to the dogs and make it alot easier not netting up empty sets

• Like 1
Guest norseman

cheers for the comments lads, while we're on the subject, what sort of breed do you guys prefare when ferreting? hounds? terriers? lurchers? whippets ect, be interested in what everone has to say, also is there types of dogs better for marking than others? i know some types are most certainly faster than others :)

anyone use staffs for ferreting? Thinking about taking mine when my kits are older.

get it marking over summer, shouldnt be a prob iv had 1 out ferretinga few times, an a few other bull breeds, just gotta know ye dog :thumbs:

• Like 1

Yes mate I use a staffy as one of my marking mutts he's a great worker for marking and been a bulldozer :laugh: good for the brambles but as you will know they are a bit hyper mate so you will have too watch he/she

• Like 1