Larsen Trap Emptyed

Hi ladies and gent...Went to check on my trap's yesterday and found it had been untied and all the bird's i had in it had been released.

As i got to the field where i had my trap hidden in bushes i noticed a very large young lad with a moheken hair cut, bermuder short's and trainer's walking away from the field. I went to the trap hidden in a hedge between two field and notice the door opened and no bird's. I made a phone call that shon a light on the people that had done it, who only lived down the lane.

It seem's there anti's as my mate use to hang his shot foxe's on a gate and they once left a note saying.."You shouldnt be doing this, its nothing less than murder, there like pet's and it's wrong".!!

Just waiting for a call bird now and all the maggies will be getting hung on the gate where i spotted the lad walking away when i arrived...No rest for the wicked.!!

Iv had 47 bird's in the past thee week's or so, so i havnt done to bad :thumbs:

Marty.

go knock on there door , tell them they have no buisness interfearing with your stuff (theft act, tresspass of goods) tell them if they carry on you will take it further, don,t take any shit of them

i had this happen to me a few times so i then started to put padlocks on all my trap's. I often WONDERED if 1 was to prep the cage up on 4 wooden legs and connect the main's electric fenc to it, the bird wouldn't be harmed (off the ground)and the boy down the lane wont ever touch a cage again.

Tempting i know to hang dead stuff about when people are fiddling with your traps, but it dont look good in the long run. You are just pandering to them.

Best to move your traps away from that area and hide them well.

I used to clip my call birds, but to be honest i am not sure if that is still legal to do.

We used to get a shit load of irresponsible dog walkers, you know the type, some fecking grungy mutt or mutts out of control off leads running a riot. So in responce we used to dump our dead foxes at the favourite parking spots, in the end the smell was so rank it was enough to melt the tyres on thier cars. Funny at the time, but in reality did fieldsports no favours.

The ironic part is, there cottage is up for sale and im interested in it as its got a nice bit of land with it...Just the kind of place for putting a larsen trap. So me and the missis have booked an appointment for saturday 1.00pm to go have a look around it :tongue2:

I hope there in when we go round.

Marty

Been thinking about them for a while...the little mp4 recorders' that you film wild life with...I know a few of the farmer's have started using them on the farm's and lane's to pick up suspect car's, van's, poacher's ect......It's a good call from a point of view.!!

Marty

had this happen loads even had mine stolen once hope the lad who did it to you soon learns not too. we even put a basc note saying what the trap is and what it is doing on it they still smash the trap up to let the call birds out.

Its this right to roam law...they can go almost anywhere..keeping the trap hidden isnt so easy.

Marty

had this happen loads even had mine stolen once hope the lad who did it to you soon learns not too. we even put a basc note saying what the trap is and what it is doing on it they still smash the trap up to let the call birds out.

Its this right to roam law...they can go almost anywhere..keeping the trap hidden isnt so easy.

Marty

its down a long farm road on one of the other farms its got s locked gate and they still walk their dogs or do what ever they are doing. most of them think there doing good.

Put some rabbit drop boxes down with a rabbit in until they they release them, then fill it with starving rats, they will soon get a shock next time they reach in to release another rabbit.

il tell you exactly what iv been doing..iv hung 6 maggies on a gate about 50 yards down the lane from there bungalow..they get to see them hanging there from there kitchen window. I put two on yesterday but they cut them down..so i put 4 id got in the trap today back on the gate.!!

Marty :thumbs:

• Like 1

Marty

its down a long farm road on one of the other farms its got s locked gate and they still walk their dogs or do what ever they are doing. most of them think there doing good.

There pricks.. thats what they are. :thumbs: Edited by Probuk