Your a braver man than me mate,but fair play on opening the door and having the nerve to see what may happen.Best of luck with them and just one question if i may?,do the natives mind having jays about or are they out of sight from them?.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

heres a few pics of some young uns ive bred this year,the 1st clutch,the hen laid 6,ate 1 and 1 didnt hatch,so i hand reared the 4 that hatched and the hen as gone down again is now sat on 7 eggs,here

i didnt notice my balls of steel mate as mi arse was twitching that much but il be letting it out again,its not just a one off,whenever i handrear,i dedicate all my time to em,and form a close bond,i

cheers mate,your not wrong i decided to open the aviary door today and test the loyalty of the chick im keeping back,i opened the door then sat down and started calling to it,he came out,flew onto th

Posted Images

Your a braver man than me mate,but fair play on opening the door and having the nerve to see what may happen.Best of luck with them and just one question if i may?,do the natives mind having jays about or are they out of sight from them?.

no mate the jays and natives are kept apart,about a mile and half to be precise :thumbs:

• Like 1

bloody hell pal hats off to ya,balls of steel letting it out its a belter,will you let it out regular or was it a one off moment of madness :laugh::thumbs:

i didnt notice my balls of steel mate as mi arse was twitching that much :laugh: but il be letting it out again,its not just a one off,whenever i handrear,i dedicate all my time to em,and form a close bond,i dont just feed em then feck off for an hour,i spend time talking to em(wife thinks im a cracked kunt)but it works,ive always been a bit of a birdman since being young and it comes in handy when one of your wifes stuck up friends come round,then starts saying how cruel it is to have birds locked behind bars :icon_eek: to which i replied "really! well what dya say to this,", at which point i opened the aviary door and shouted come on,and a linnet which i was handrearing flew out and into the conifer across the road,she looked at me with a big grin and said "oh,thats fantastic,so you breed them to release them" i turned round and held up the syringe that i used to feed it and shouted come on and the young linnet flew down and landed on my hand begging, i turned round to the woman and said "no, im just proving to you that my birds would rather live with me than in the wild", she was fecking speechless :laugh:

• Like 10

nice birds . probably me favourite bird. i like jays alot and have thought about getting a tame one. maybe one day i will,

as much as i like them i also love shootin em' probably one of the hardest birds to shoot regularly. crafty sharp eyed b*****ds..

• Like 1

bloody hell pal hats off to ya,balls of steel letting it out its a belter,will you let it out regular or was it a one off moment of madness :laugh::thumbs:

i didnt notice my balls of steel mate as mi arse was twitching that much :laugh: but il be letting it out again,its not just a one off,whenever i handrear,i dedicate all my time to em,and form a close bond,i dont just feed em then feck off for an hour,i spend time talking to em(wife thinks im a cracked kunt)but it works,ive always been a bit of a birdman since being young and it comes in handy when one of your wifes stuck up friends come round,then starts saying how cruel it is to have birds locked behind bars :icon_eek: to which i replied "really! well what dya say to this,", at which point i opened the aviary door and shouted come on,and a linnet which i was handrearing flew out and into the conifer across the road,she looked at me with a big grin and said "oh,thats fantastic,so you breed them to release them" i turned round and held up the syringe that i used to feed it and shouted come on and the young linnet flew down and landed on my hand begging, i turned round to the woman and said "no, im just proving to you that my birds would rather live with me than in the wild", she was fecking speechless :laugh:

like yourself i have had the bird bug alot of years,as a kid i reared ,owls,crows ect,but your dedication is a credit to ya,reading your posts makes me see i am only playing at it :laugh: atb.
  • Like 3

no mate the jays and natives are kept apart,about a mile and half to be precise :thumbs:

Wish my garden was that big,

• Like 2

Wish my garden was that big,

:toast: have you been in the knife drawer :laugh: the natives are at my uncles :thumbs:

I've never read much on this section as I thought it was just flat capped men breeding their Budgies and things,I am gradually working my way through the posts and can see how much time is put in and how rewarding the end product can be.I would love to one day be in the position to have a go myself.Top post Craigyboy. :thumbs:

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...