Yes pal,its me :bye: well have a day out on the bank this winter if you fancy it,definetly looks promising!sounds like youve got your hands full with the plummer :D itll learn its lesson one way or another.Did you ever fish the mist?atb bud Dave

I havent fished the mist for near 20 years,it doesnt suprise me about the big eel,had a couple of small ones years ago.We used to fish cicely mill a lot back then,my pal had the big common out,3oz shy of 30lb :bad::laugh: some monster tench in there too.The carp scene on the mist back then was pretty grim,i can remember finding a dead tench washed up with its mouth sewn up with 15lb line :icon_eek: decided to stop fishing it,carp men were doing this to stop them taking there baits :blink: some things have changed for the better,Dave

Yeah,plenty of pike in there too,if i remember rightly i think the previous Warrington Anglers record eel was from there in the seventies about 8lb I think ,they used to stock it with trout in the close season years ago,carp loved them bread flies! :laugh: