Magpie Control Advice

Morning all,

Had a massive commotion in the garden about 30 mins ago 3 magpies and a crow have come down and raided the wrens nest, greenfinches nests and a great tits nest from the garden. I got of the little gits last week and they don't seem to be taking the hint...

So sat here now as we speak with the S400 out the window, my question is has anyone got any tips about how to get the swines back asap? I've tried the old matchbox trick previously while out at the farm and it doesn't seem to work for me? (maybe I'm just doing it wrong :rolleyes:)

A home made decoy perhaps? A tray of eggs on the lawn?

Thanks fellas

Eggs are a great method mate they just carnt resist them....and when you drop one the others will hang around being nosey...to nosey for thier own good......good luck with it mate...Get them nest robbing barstewards

you have to do shake the matchbox the right amount of times it can vary from bird to bird but normaly around five to six shakes and then a pause and listen for a call back once you get them calling back they will soon move in for a nosey .... good luck

• Like 1

you have to do shake the matchbox the right amount of times it can vary from bird to bird but normaly around five to six shakes and then a pause and listen for a call back once you get them calling back they will soon move in for a nosey .... good luck

Cheers Kanny, do you just use a small Englands Glory style matchbox or a larger one like cooks matches? I have been using the smaller one and it doesn't seem very loud?

I find a few eggs and one broken one does the trick, you need to keep them there long enough to get a drop on one.

That should annoy the others and they will hang around to protest and thats your opportunity.

I also have a crow decoy which works well in keeping them in the area

Good luck

ATB

Adam

just a word of warning buddy,

my neighbours are right arseholes, and the police have always been on their side...

the amount of magpies crows and woodys i could get from my windows is amazing.. but with neighbours like these i have to leave the gun well alone

Eye one side is all right but t'other is an absolute bumwipe. Always make sure they are out before sticking anything out the window... especially the gun haha

• Like 1